digital thermometers

K

kcquer

Can someone suggest a reasonably priced, easy to find (wal-mart, k-mart,lowes,home depot) reliable digital unit. Don't care about remote transmit but would like dual probe. surf shopped a little but theres so many to choose from, don't mind paying for quality, just don't want to throw any money away.

KC,

I'm using 2 different types of wired thermos, but none are duel probe.
I use 2 made by Acu Rite to monitor the temps of the cooker. these thermos go to about 360* degrees. I picked mine up at the local Ace hardware store for 19.95 a piece. I cut a potato in half, run the probe thru and sit on the shelf.

I have 4 Maverick Roast Alert/3 thermos I use for the meats. These only go to 212* I picked them up at JCPenney for 14.95 a piece.

I have a turkey fryer thermo that has a clip that I stick down through the smoke stack to measure exhaust temps. I think I paid about 4.00 at Lowes.

Some people use Taylor probes with success.
Hope this helps, with all the stores around KC, Bed Bath Beyond, Kohls (a dirty word to me) Famous, hardware stores, etc you should be able to find something that will fit your needs.

We get a group discount for Nu-temp probe types. Go to our links section.

We get deep discounts at nutemp, available to ACTIVE MEMBERS. Contact me at banderabros@optonline.net for details.

Solidkick said:
KC,

I use 2 made by Acu Rite to monitor the temps of the cooker. these thermos go to about 360* degrees. I picked mine up at the local Ace hardware store for 19.95 a piece. I cut a potato in half, run the probe thru and sit on the shelf.

I use 2 Acu Rite also. Work great, drop down thru damper hole in smoke chamber. Got mine a Lowes $19.95.

KC,
Last week Cargo Largo in Independence, MO had some ACU-RITE digital therms for $9.99 back in the kitchen stuff area. Don't know if they have any left. If you aren't familiar with Cargo Largo they are a salvage outlet with stuff from clothes, dvds, food, tools etc. They are just west of Noland Road on I think 35th ST (stoplight where Sonic is).

JCOFKC54

Pyrex are about 15. They're okay.

On any given day, I'll have 2 Pyrex, 2 Nu Temp, 2 or 3 oven thermometers, and an instant read or two. going at the same time. I like the magnets on the Pyrex, cuz I stick it to the leg of the Dera and it stays safe. I drop the nutemps and they take a beating, but work great too.

Back