Ohio, yes Ohio, Comp in the works!

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I just got an email from Jim Dandy's BBQ, a local restaurant, asking for my support in an upcoming event on June 22-23. He's hoping it will be sanctioned; they did a similar event last year.

Blues & Q Festival to be held on June 22 &23... Along with Jim Dandy's BBQ Contest. I'm hoping this does well, as I'd love to have a comp close enough that I can run home to get stuff I forgot!

Curt, just aint right..........If we forget something at the G.Rapids contest..........Im not running back home to get it.. Ya just gotta make friends fast and beg,borrow,or steal.....
Joking here and it sounds like a heck of a lot of fun.
Someday.......You will take a invitation to the Royal and kick some severe butt. Now im jealous but........I can say ive cooked right next to you once.
I would love to have a contest right close here. I have the perfect spot per Paul Kirk. He said it was the most beautiful place on earth for a contest, but I lack the intestinal fortitude to put it together.

Mike

Mike, if that ever happens, you're welcome to come along. :-D

I'm not putting this together; I'm just helping to get the word out. We are working on one for September in Dayton, and it looks like we're making some headway with a nice location and a great sponsor. But this one started last year with just a few teams (I didn't know about it then). Jim sent me an email asking for some help. I'll do what I can.

Hey Curt, where at in Ohio ?? You know some of us Wolverines may be interested in coming down...

Mike, it's going to be in Cincy. A bit of a drive, but a very easy one down the most boring stretch of highway in the state. Ok, one of the most boring. Very flat, very easy to haul a smoker!

Back