Options...Options...Options

ammoore

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Considering my options for downsizing.
Currently my wife and I have to take two vehicles to a comp.
One to pull the smoker and one to pull the camper.

Ultimately I want to get down to one vehicle, especially with gas prices on the move.

Now i could go sans camper but with two kids and the the likelyhood that it will rain at 90% of the contests I cook, I would rather not.
So replacing the smoker becomes the issue and at the heart of the issue is portability. I need to get something I can load in and out of the truck by myself without giving myself a hernia.

So, besides the WSM and BWS chubby/party (fatboy is pushing it)
What am I overlooking as far as a viable portable replacement?

FEC 100. Lay it in the back of the truck...

I agree with Scottie, an FEC is easy to load into the back of a truck. Tip it on to its back and slide it in.

Another option would be to change the camper over to a toyhauler...then you have way more options for what you could wheel into the back vs. load into a pick up truck.

Another option would be to change the camper over to a toyhauler...then you have way more options for what you could wheel into the back vs. load into a pick up truck.

And then the next thing you know I need a new truck to pull that new toy hauler which is carrying my new smoker.....:clap2:
And let's not forget the new honda generator to power the FEC or GMG because dependable power is never an issue around here...lol

Pretty sure the wife would disagree with you on that one.:tsk:

Haahaa...ya, probably...just wanted to throw another angle out there in case it was plausible for you.

You could leave the wife and kids at home, that would save you money on the new smoker/vehicle/toy hauler. :becky: I see guys towing trailers behind campers, not sure how hard that is to do, but, I have seen it done.

Back