Calling all Iowa Brethren

pigville porkers

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It is close again to the time of my home town's BBQ cook off. Last year we had barely 8 pits set up. I would love to see some of the Iowa Brethren come join me for a fun day of BBQ. June 1st is the contest date. Below is a link for information and a few pics. Yes that is me and my champ chair I won for popular vote.

https://www.facebook.com/PleasantvillePigOut?fref=ts

Last edited:
Cool. Looks like it's set up in the middle of town? Hope you double last years participation at least.

I couldnt find much info on that link. All I could find was more info coming soon.

Here is some information and a phone number to call to register.

Save the date! This year's Pig Out is set for Friday night, May 31 and Saturday, June 1! We are already calling on BBQ competitors. Contact Brandon 515-321-3818 if you think you have what it takes to win. Help us make this year's event better than ever.

I'm a Carlisle native and grew up playing golf and swimming at the golf course there. I've also eaten more than my share of Checkerboard. What's the cost? Is it KCBS sanctioned, or at least KCBS rules? What are the rules? Any extra contests?

I just looked up prev years and there is no reg fee, just show up and cook. They bring in judges that I believe are KCBS judges but this is not a sanctioned event and I do not recall any specific rules. I am trying to get the information and registration forms posted on the site. Would love to see a better turn out of BBQ teams this year. But then again it will make it harder for me to win.. HMMMMM lol

Too bad it's on that weekend - I'll be in Owatonna bothering Carlyle.

Back