Are beef prices starting to go down

They do it by using the chickens that are about to be out of date. They cook them and they have another 7 days to sell the chickens. They also use some of those in the chicken salad, the pot pie and the wraps. Very seldom do I see whole chicken on sale at Sam's. I have seen them on sale at Walmart though.

We may see specials on beef as the summer goes along. Packers have only so much cooler space and need to move product. With prices so high, customers are buying different proteins and beef will be piling up in coolers. To move it they will discount it. Some may even be made into ground beef just to get it out of the cooler.

I've got a bunch of puns in my head on this "butt" I won't go there... Oops... Anyway, I never knew this! It makes a lot of "cents"... Oops... No wonder I have the reaction I "doo"... Oops... Sorry, I can't help it! :boom:

No Adam, I am saying that there will be periodic specials on beef to move product. The general price will stay high, but with all perishable products, it is better to sell it than throw it out.

Got ya. As long as the price stays high at the sale barns I am happy.

I don't know but I'm happy to buy $1.99/lb Choice briskets at Kroger :wink:

Yep ^

Just picked one up today. Might try to snag another tomorrow

Hard to get herds to grow with a drought every year.
I'm praying for rain :biggrin1:

Seriously though, it's better over all for the economy when we have good commodity prices.

I'm praying for rain :biggrin1:

Seriously though, it's better over all for the economy when we have good commodity prices.

I hear ya. Good for me in the short term thou.

$3.75 in RD in NY Today choice very bad Excel or National brand. will have to be trimmed some how. which makes me ask how much trimming you do to full packer brisket?

Back