• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BeerBQ - pr0n heavy

ITBFQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I had an idea in May and it finally came to fruition on Sunday evening. He is as obsessed with craft beer as I am with BBQ. So, we put our heads together (and stomachs and livers) and came up with a BBQ and craft beer pairing dinner. We did a trial run in July where I cooked up most of the menu and he brought over several beers, and we tried them all together. I am obviously not a professional chef, but it sure was fun and our friends all had a great time. Enjoy the pics!

The following is what we came up with:

1 - smoked almonds and cheese (swiss, pepper jack and cheddar) paired with Rosa from Revolution

2 - chicken wings (rubbed with Simply Marvelous Cherry and Sweet Money, sauced with Swamp Boys and Blues Hog Tennessee Red combo) paired with Alagash White

3 - competition ribs and sweet corn dusted with 3 Eyez - paired with Zombie Gnome

4 - tri tip (rubbed with Bovine Bold and a little Montreal Steak) on a garlic, rosemary and butter toast and a horseradish sauce with a simple homemade vinaigrette paired with Saison de Lente

5 - ice cream with an apple cider reduction topped with chopped smoked almonds - paired with Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout

A few other pictures from the day...

Here are the beers, they are in reverse order.

People were curious about the equipment, so Nick (the beer guy) gave them some explanations while I continued to cook.

My little helper!

I finally get to eat, too!

Thanks for looking!

looks good, my friends and i have done many tasting but i never thought to make food paired with the beer we were tasting, we always just had wings or some shark like that.

Now that's my kind of party man! Great looking cook. I like the idea of using a bungee for the paper towel roll.. Im definitely borrowing that idea.

Very nice. I also do this often with my friends. There are tons of smoked beers out there that are great to pair with bbq

Pro quality cook right there. Photos are beautiful too. What did you cook the ribs on? They definitely look like competition quality!

Pro quality cook right there. Photos are beautiful too. What did you cook the ribs on? They definitely look like competition quality!

Thanks! I cook the ribs on my UDS. The wings were cooked on my WSM and the tri tip was reverse seared on the kettle. I grilled the bread on the kettle, too.

looks good, my friends and i have done many tasting but i never thought to make food paired with the beer we were tasting, we always just had wings or some shark like that.

I didn't know you could get shark in PA. Lol! :wink: Thanks for the complements!

Food looks great and interesting beer as well. I like the pvc mod on the folding table legs. Great idea for bar height table!

Now that's my kind of party :thumb:

I too am going to steal :wink: the bungy cord paper towel holder idea...thanks

All food looks great, but ribs are outstanding! Maybe you want to share what you used for glazing? Maybe.......

Back