• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS builds with open drum tops........

pigdog

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am going to add a dome top to my in laws barrel I am building for them. I would be very appreciative of info concerning which lid fits the open barrel best. I am without a lot of my tools and can't do a lot of fab work. Weber, uniflame, big lots etc.... are they basically all the same on an open lid barrel, or does one fit a little better than the rest?

thanks

I use the Webber but on 1 out my 3 it doesent fit to well but i use that one for high heat anyway.

I've got a feeling that none of them fit the open lid as well as the closed drum. thanks

Look on the never ending UDS build thread and you will find it. I got a Uni Flame (Webber knock off) from Wally World. I cut the top two inches or so from the bottom to make a ring that the lid would fit on. I bolted it into the open head of the drum sticking up a half inch or so. Then I back filled the space with insulation and caulking. There are many threads and pics showing how people have done this. Just do a search and you will find it.

I'd suggest you measure the top of your drum and see which one is the closest fit. :thumb:

Back