BBQ Brethren "La Guerre de Pommes de Terre (Battle Potato)" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Last night I was visited by a ghostly apparition, appearing as none other than Jacob "Marley".:shock: It was brother Jacob, but with dreadlocks and a Jamaican accent.:shock:
He was singing sweet songs...of melodies pure and true, saying, "This is my message to you-u-uu".
rasta.gif

He told me I would soon be visited by the ghost of Christmas past! I had no idea what this meant at the time, but I certainly felt a great sense of foreboding.:shock:

When I logged in this morning, I got the following PM from Ron L and deguerre, the winners of the BBQ Brethren International Throwdown. They had decided on the new category.:shock:

Now, before I reveal to you the new category (which may have already been spoiled by the thread title), I must remind you of what the Throwdown Category was all the way back at Christmas time in the year 2008. It was the Potato Throwdown.

Ron and Guerry had decided the new category would be a visit to a :scared:pAST CHRISTMAS CATEGORY!:scared: So old Jacob "Marley" was right!:shock:

Because I am so terrified of what might transpire from here on out, I am unable to come up with the proper words. So I am just going to copy the PM they sent me.

Ron_L and deguerre said:
Dear Mr. Byte...

My co-conspirator, I mean winner, Mr. Deguerre, and I have met. After much discussion, virtual arm wrestling, teeth-gnashing and near fisticuffs we have decided on a topic for the next throwdown.

In the Christmas Spirit, we would like to make a visit to Throwdowns Past to see how much things have changed since the early throwdowns. We feel that this will highlight the improvements that our members have made in their cooking, presentation and food photography skill.

So, in that Spirit, we would like to propose...

La guerre de pommes de terre!!!
(Battle Potato)!!!

May we also humbly suggest the following picture (or a similar picture) for the Throwdown announcement post?

Mini-potato-cannon-from-PVC-and-a-coconut.jpg

"So now Brethren and Sisthren, with an open heart and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle: 'Allez cuisine!'"

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/10 through Sunday 12/19.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 12/19.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 12/20 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 12/24. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Ground Meat Throwdown until Sunday night 12/12 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the hot, Hot, HOT...Scovilles that is Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Hmmm, potatoes, I foresee some brilliant dishes and perhaps the use of Irish Cheddar on something worthy of Irish Cheddar.

I really thought you would each pick an ingredient and we'd have to cook something using both. I was wondering how to incorporate "eggplant" and "coffee." This is even better. Well, I know what I'm doing. I think there is an astronaut somewhere with a missing right shoe. They still selling McRibs?

This contest may lend itself to historical (or hysterical, your choice) re-creations (as opposed to recreation) of epic proportions.

Of course it could also spin out of control with a series of bad potato puns. After all, anyone responding with the "looks great" sort of reply would simply be a common tater...

Of course it could also spin out of control with a series of bad potato puns. After all, anyone responding with the "looks great" sort of reply would simply be a common tater...

Maybe instead of a moderator, we should get a common tater?

I think that one is twice-baked. Idaho-ped you'd done better, but then your brain may be fried from mashing about all these puns.

Back