Fattie help

Moncks Corner BBQ

Found some matches.
Reaction score
How long does it take to smoke a fattie and whats the internal temp need to be. what do u recommend putting in one? Any input is welcome. thanks.:pray::confused:

Depending on the size and stuffings, it normally takes me between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours at 225-235°F. I suppose they would be done faster at higher temps; I usually pull mine off when the centers are 165-170°F when poked in multiple locations.

I've had them take from 3 hrs to 6 hrs, depending on what else I have on the smoker. For the 3 lbers I make 2 lbs burger, 1 lb hot italian sausage, 2 eggs, 2 cups ritz crackers cruched, onion, bell peppers, a couple of jalapenos chopped fine and string cheese. You can do just about any combination you want. Of course wrapped in bacon. Good luck. I usually pull the ones I've made at 175.

I usually do them for 2-4 hours depending on the temp I'm cooking at. When the bacon looks crisp and not too black, I pull it.

You can put anything in them that you like. New suggestions are always welcome.

I usually only need 1 1/2 hours if unstuffed 1 lb'ers (which is what I do most of). I've never done a bacon wrap, so no input there. As long as it's 165-170 internal you're all good. You can leave them on longer, and the "bark" will just get thicker and darker. I like them JUST done so they're not dried out, but they're still good anyway.

I've stuffed as well (usually with saute'd mush, onion, red pepper and garlic mixed with cream cheese), but I prefer to stuff the single 1 lb'ers. I've done 2 and 3 pounders too, but just don't prefer them that way. Stuffed, I usually give them 2 hours.

I've been DYING to try the blueberry muffin stuffed one.

Depending on the size and stuffings, it normally takes me between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours at 225-235°F. I suppose they would be done faster at higher temps; I usually pull mine off when the centers are 165-170°F when poked in multiple locations.

I agree with zydecopaws :thumb:

If you've never done one then you should cook the original fatty. Unwrap it, roll it in rub if you want to, and cook it to at least 165 internal. No stuffing or enrobing needed.

I agree with Ronelle. I've tried lots of ways but that is the best way to me. Fatty purity.

Can I stuff one with beer and calmato juice?

Fitz, just don't stuff it with your red peppers :)

I agree with Ronelle. Do a plain fatty. IF, however, you want to stuff it, the sky's the limit. My favorite stuffing is cheese and jalapenos.

Fitz, no, not hot at all - just pop a few in your mouth and start chewing to get just a touch of heat :)

I would have to agree with a couple others, I prefer them Plain. Just rolled in a good basic rub, cook and eat!

Back