Wicked Good Charcoal Briquettes

H

Hacksaw

So has anyone used these yet?They claim hotter burn and longer burn than WGC lump...

I haven't tried it as yet, but I still prefer lump to briquets....I'll have to see if my local retailer of Wicked Good sells it....Might be interesting.

Cheers,

Dave

I love 'em. I have 30+ bags ready to go and already am thinking about my next order. I just started experimenting with the WGC lump and I like it a lot too.

The lump is so huge that I was getting a bunch of empty space in the coal tray so I recently started to mix the WG lump and briquettes and am getting a good result.

I've only used it once, but I really like it. From what I was told it is their lump product that is crushed/ground and then bound with a plant starch (I can't remember what plant).

The only negative is that down here it is wicked bad expensive!!! I think I paid about $8.50 for an 11 pound bag.

I really like them as they are basically lump in briquette form without all the crap filler that Kingsford has
hard to find in the Chi Town area..one place has them on an infrequent basis and charge a lot for them

Excellent stuff. Try it if you have a high efficiency type cooker-egg, spice, wsm, stumps etc.

It burns smooth even and slow, and I think it makes LESS ash than lump.
That said it is expensive and K or a decent lump does just fine in a grilling or big offset type thing.

I have about a dozen bags at all times.

I liked wicked lump but it was hard to find in my area, and too expesive to ship. I have started to use Hupphrey's Lump and so far like it.

Bought 50 bags early this year... so far no issues. It does burn for a real long time.

We were at the NEBS judging school, and I'd picked up some RO to use (it was cheap); and I was constantly feeding the fire. I was getting really annoyed, and was being made fun of because it was rediculous how often I had to add charcoal.

We then put in a bag of WG Briquettes and I don't think I put anything else in for the next 3-4 hours...

And in bulk its about 4.75 a bag for 11/lbs

I bought and used my first bag last weekend was very impressed. Been a long time WGC lump user.

Thanks for all the input.I am considering ordering a mixed pallet of lump and briquettes as it isnot available for 100 miles in either direction.Perhaps I may have to consider a buisiness as there isn't a decent bbq store for 100 miles + in any direction

I like it too, seems to burn a little longer and more even than kingsford. I want to try the lump next, or a 50/50 mixture at least.

Back