Results from Smoke On The Allegheny - Franklin, PA

The Giggler

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Here are the Results from Smoke On The Allegheny In Franklin, PA. Great meeting some new faces and seeing some familiar ones. Congrats to all who got calls! Nice contest, nice place. Even the BEAR had a grand ole time.

Full results:
Grand Champion: Diva Q
Reserve Champion: Double D's BBQ

Overall:
1 Diva Q
2 Double D's BBQ
3 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co
4 Uncle Bubba's BBQ
5 Good Smoke BBQ
6 Swine Syndicate
7 Smokin in the Igloo
8 Wild Bill BBQ
9 Steeltown BBQ
10 Red Valley BBQ
11 Regal BBQ
12 Habenero Hog
13 Oasis BBQ and Catering
14 Pork Mafia

Chicken:
1 Uncle Bubba's BBQ
2 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co
3 Wild Bill BBQ
4 Double D's BBQ
5 Pork Mafia
6 Smokin in the Igloo
7 Diva Q
8 Red Valley BBQ
9 Regal BBQ
10 Good Smoke BBQ
11 Swine Syndicate
12 Habenero Hog
13 Oasis BBQ and Catering
14 Steeltown BBQ

Ribs:
1 Diva Q
2 Oasis BBQ and Catering
3 Wild Bill BBQ
4 Double D's BBQ
5 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co
6 Red Valley BBQ
7 Good Smoke BBQ
8 Uncle Bubba's BBQ
9 Swine Syndicate
10 Steeltown BBQ
11 Smokin in the Igloo
12 Pork Mafia
13 Habenero Hog
14 Regal BBQ

Pork:
1 Diva Q
2 Good Smoke BBQ
3 Double D's BBQ
4 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co
5 Swine Syndicate
6 Uncle Bubba's BBQ
7 Steeltown BBQ
8 Regal BBQ
9 Red Valley BBQ
10 Smokin in the Igloo
11 Habenero Hog
12 Pork Mafia
13 Wild Bill BBQ
14 Oasis BBQ and Catering
Brisket:
1 Diva Q
2 Double D's BBQ
3 Uncle Bubba's BBQ
4 Smokin in the Igloo
5 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co
6 Regal BBQ
7 Good Smoke BBQ
8 Steeltown BBQ
9 Habenero Hog
10 Swine Syndicate
11 Wild Bill BBQ
12 Pork Mafia
13 Red Valley BBQ
14 Oasis BBQ and Catering

(Brethren Teams highlighted. Please forgive me if I left anyone out.)

Big congrat's to Diva and Vlad, Dallas, Mike and Brian!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Congrats to all those who got calls.

Nice to see everyone there. Had some great chats ! Including seeing one beautiful baby girl in a cool BBQ shirt !!! We took a pass on the moonshine :)

Good comp. Organizers were nice. Took great care of all the teams.

Looking forward to Oink next.

Them there Bears were better than coffee

Well, you know, sitting there talking at 3am and knowing that there was an audience in the woods...and not trash bags...was an interesting time. Was great to meet everyone, just hope that your crowd didnt mind the chop busting...but, you looked more like you were set up for a catering event than a comp. It was great that you got a ovation with each box being sent off on the long run. Just remember, change the names of the rows by contest, and K up, K down....:twisted:....

Congrats, and the best of luck to everyone in their next ventures....Kettering Ohio is the next stop....

Hope to run into everyone again soon....

Rob

Cook with Double D's

Well, you know, sitting there talking at 3am and knowing that there was an audience in the woods...and not trash bags...was an interesting time. Was great to meet everyone, just hope that your crowd didnt mind the chop busting...but, you looked more like you were set up for a catering event than a comp. It was great that you got a ovation with each box being sent off on the long run. Just remember, change the names of the rows by contest, and K up, K down....:twisted:....

Congrats, and the best of luck to everyone in their next ventures....Kettering Ohio is the next stop....

Hope to run into everyone again soon....

Rob

Cook with Double D's

Great meeting you Rob.

Congrats again on the RGC. I am sure Dallas is still smiling. A great send off to Kettering. Good luck, and be sure to let us know how you do.

Had a great time hanging out in the late hours. Looking forward to seeing you again at Oink. I believe that Clarence is a "bear" free zone.

Will give a call when I get down to the Cleveland area for business. Plan to hit the Ohio City and West Side Market areas. Still trying to find that great German Pretzel Bread....

P.S. Diva Q cooks on WSM and Traeger cookers, I think Dallas needs to pick up a couple new cookers for the arsenal! <grin> I didn't see these cookers listed on his signature.

Overall:

3 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co

Chicken:

2 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co

Ribs:

5 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co

Pork:

4 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co

Brisket:

5 Giggling Pigs BBQ Co

Wow Top 5 in all categories great job Mike ! Congrats to all that made the walk

Steve

Great meeting you Rob.

Congrats again on the RGC. I am sure Dallas is still smiling. A great send off to Kettering. Good luck, and be sure to let us know how you do.

Had a great time hanging out in the late hours. Looking forward to seeing you again at Oink. I believe that Clarence is a "bear" free zone.

Will give a call when I get down to the Cleveland area for business. Plan to hit the Ohio City and West Side Market areas. Still trying to find that great German Pretzel Bread....

P.S. Diva Q cooks on WSM and Traeger cookers, I think Dallas needs to pick up a couple new cookers for the arsenal! <grin> I didn't see these cookers listed on his signature.

Congratulations Mike on a great showing at Franklin. It was great to see you again! There were lots of great cooks at the contest and we felt very lucky to finish where we did and no the smle hasn't worn off yet.

As far as the WSM's we retired the two we had after our first Oinktoberfest but I do have a Traeger 075 on my deck at home. Right now we are enjoying the Backwoods/FE combination. We hope to see you again sometime soon. If you're free this weekend come on down to Kettering.

Congratulations to everyone that got a call at Franklin. I hope the contest returns next year. We look forward to seeing everyone at another comp soon.

Dallas

P.S. Don't forget to use chicken rub on the brisket. The judges love it (kind of like chicken fried steak!):-D

Congrats to everyone that got called. Good showing for the brethren.

Congrats to all that got calls,Diva is on a roll,shes kickin ass and taking no prisoners:wink:.
Aaron
Smokin in the Igloo

Back