Guess my name says it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smoke4Brains

Been lurking here for a few weeks. I'm Andy from the Kansas side of KC and I'm a smokeaholic. Now that I've admitted my problem please don't cure me. :lol:

Seems like a great bunch of folks here and I look forward to contributing. I've already put some of the great advice here to good use.

Oh, I took my first wiff of smoke about 5 years ago as it leaked out of an ECB. The wife bought me a horizontal offset NB about three years ago, and just this spring she surprised me with a huge offset homemade trailer rig. I'm entering my first competition in September. Can't wait to hook that baby up and give it a ride!!

Welcome, good to see ya jump in. We don't bite.

Welcome Andy! Another new member added to the Midwest Chapter!
Be sure to keep us up to date on your competition cooks in the Competition forum. Lots of knowledge here, so take what you can use and bring home a winner!

If you're looking for a "second" for your cookoff, KCQuer is right around the corner from ya, and he's been "initated" into a KCBS sanctioned event.

Welcome Brother.

Glad to have you in the back yard.

Good luck in September.

By the way, whats your favorite beverage

Welcome to the group Andy!!
You already smell like us..jump in
and enjoy.
mikeg

MikeG said:
Welcome to the group Andy!!
You already smell like us..jump in
and enjoy.
mikeg

LMAO!!! Thanks Mike and the rest. Yeah, traded in the Old Spice for the Old Hickory. 8)

I'm a whiskey man, Bill. Usually whiskey and diet 7 or whiskey and water. Sometimes just whiskey. :twisted:

Welcome Andy. Glag you could join us and partake in the fun.

Good luck on your compitition.

Welcome Brother Andy!!! It's great to have you here. Does your wife have any sisters? :lol: If she bought you a mobile rig, she's a keeper! How about some pictures of the pit.
Which contest you entering?

Both the sisters are accounted for, Scott, but they're nothing like the one I got anyway. I'd love to post some pics, but I'm pretty much a computer illiterate. I'll try to get my computer whiz brother-in-law to do it for me. The comp is in Leavenworth on Sept 10-11. I feel pretty good about brisket, ribs and pork, but I'm going to have to come up with something for chicken. I don't cook birds very often except to occassionally deep fry a turkey.

A told a friend of mine that competes that I was going to enter brisket, ribs and pork. He said I might as well enter all of them and do the chicken also even if it's not a strong suit. Something about having to enter all four to get overall rating. :?:

I read through your thighs thread and may practice some of what's suggested in there.

Welcome SFB from the South Central Kansas Chapter. We call our selves the Q Wizards of Oz. 8) The Missouri bros. are the MOFOs, for Missouri Folks.

Welcome!

You only have to do all four if you want to compete for Grand or Reserve Champion. You can cook any or all for "points", trophies, and $$$ but can't win the big prizes unless you do all four.

If you really get into competition you'll always do all four -- it would suck mightily to get the points for Grand Champion in a qualifier for, say the Am. Royal or Jack Daniels, and not qualify because you only cooked three things. Trust me, stranger things have happened!! :mrgreen:

That's the way KCBS and FBA are -- I don't know about other associations. :D

Yeah, I threw the Old Spice away years ago! Even though my wifes says I smell like dookie after smoking, I am confident she is just fibbin' and will eventually tell me that the smell turns secretly turns her on! =)

From one new guy to another welcome dude!

I read through your thighs

Got to try that some time, but not with a Brethren or potential Brethren. :lol:

Anyway welcome from Central South Carolina & good luck in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back