MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #16
Smiter Q
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
I wouldn't take it past 140 IT...never tried smoking a tenderloin, just a loin. Tenderloins are for grilling.
+1 once more...

Glad you enjoyed your meal! Looked tasty indeed!

You wrapped them this time, I suggest not wrapping next time. Part of the allure for the tenderloin to me is to have a tasty crust on the external due to higher heat cook, and have a juicy pink center. I lightly tent, rest for 10 minutes, then slice. For me a full wrap would defeat the crust. Some say to cook to a higher internal temp.... though lots of Brethren pull in the lower range for more flavor. I have never used vinegar for the tender tenderloin, but have used a little lemon in a marinade and loved that too.

Brian: Weber: OTG + Lime Performer - - Keeping the Armor On - Eph. 6:11
Smiter Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->