Windy Sunday Baby Backs for the Rib TD

Decoy205

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
When I saw that there is a TD for Ribs happening I had to try and join the fun!

Before we Q we need some meat so unfortunately I had to pay a visit to Porky that he wouldn't like.... Dun dun dunnnn!!

Baby backs come from a baby pig no? :mrgreen:

Now that that ugly business is behind us well have to apply some seasoning:

All seasoned up

On the mini:

Before the wrap looking good

I like to glaze a bit with some Stubbs to finish em...

And done.

I think this will be my entry shot:

Plated with a baked potato and some broccoli and cheddar

Thanks for looking!

Looking really good. I'm stuffed with some pepper stout beef I made yesterday, but my mouth still watered looking at those. :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot! I definitely feel like I'm getting ribs down. Really diggin the oak ridge secret weapon. So far one of my favorite rubs.

I've never tried a commercial rub, but everyone seems to like the Oakridge rubs... Oh yeah your first pic was pretty hilarious too lol

I've never tried a commercial rub, but everyone seems to like the Oakridge rubs... Oh yeah your first pic was pretty hilarious too lol

Thanks DTF!
Well if your down to try some they have sample packs! Very well worth it IMHO.

Nice looking bones.
Now let's talk about the mini. Lump or Kingsford? Any wood chunks?
What temp did you run it at?

Nicely done!

I did BBs yesterday too and also tried the Oakridge Secret Weapon rub -- I received some in my sampler pack. Ribs turned out great and the rub was tasty.

Nice looking bones.
Now let's talk about the mini. Lump or Kingsford? Any wood chunks?
What temp did you run it at?

Thanks! I used kingsford because it was what I had on hand after the Labor Day sale. I much prefer Stubbs briquettes. I haven't tried lump in the mini yet but probably will soon.

Used 3 small chunks of applewood cooked at 275 most of the way through if went up to 300 once after the first hour and a half but I adjusted back down.

Back