• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What should I smoke tomorrow?

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ever get those times when you just want to sit on the back porch light up the smoker and waste the day away drinking beer. I want to do THAT tomorrow just need some recommendations on what to cook. I did a pork shoulder not too long ago so that's out. What y'all think?

Packer brisky with a fatty and some Moinks!!

Might as well do some ABT's just for kicks!

Since you'll be at it all day....

Breakfast - Fatty stuffed with eggs, cheese, and taters, sliced on an English muffin
Lunch - Legs of some sort for the Throwdown, bacon wrapped corn
Dinner - Brisket, smoked mac and cheese

Feel free to throw some fresh greens in there as lunch and dinner sides.

When I do the sitting outside all day cooks, I like to do smaller things that come off just in time for me to be hungry again. Naked Fatty (for breakfast), Tri-Tip, Ribs, Wings (lunch and assorted snacks) and a Brisket flat (dinner).

Damn you guys are good. I was thinking about packer brisket and saving the point for brisket chili on another date. Thanks!

I would check out the sales flyers and see what's on sale then decide what to cook. Right now turkeys are on sale so I would lean towards smoking one of those. Of course you can't go wrong with brisket :thumb:

:shock::shock::shock::shock::tsk::tsk::tsk:

It is un American to not make burnt ends out of points :thumb:
It's un-Texan to not eat the point as-is when it comes off with the flat ;) Few things are better than unmolested brisket point.

Of course leftovers in chili is about as Texan as it gets ;)

I think you should have a Granbury, Denton Cook off and then swap whatever the other team cooks. Then give a detailed report of each others cook off. A North Texas cook off for braggin rights! :thumb:

It's un-Texan to not eat the point as-is when it comes off with the flat ;) Few things are better than unmolested brisket point.

Of course leftovers in chili is about as Texan as it gets ;)

i took my point and made some burnt ends for competition practice. being a texas boy, I always shudder a little bit when i do that. i will always just enjoy just good cuts of point from brisket.

smoke some fatty oxtail for 2-3 hrs on low heat.... then add it to a slowcooker with chopped onion, carrot, celery, diced potato, garlic, and 2 packs of french onion soup ... a good splash of red wine wit just a little water ....

set on auto for 8hrs ... then add some mushrooms and frozen sweet peas for an hour

serve with mash potato (wit loads of butter)....

a bit of smoked BBQ done the lazy man's way, nice thick gravy, fat food but very tasty .... called comfort food and thats what I'm doing tommorow

Back