MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #136
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

I'll bring butter!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #137
ClayHill
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Turkey View Post
I just did a warm up for nearly 100 people at the lake. I took my new build over to the visitors center and slow cooked 360 wings, then seared and sauced them. It was a great time and everyone is getting excited about the event!
That's a great looking unit.....reminiscence of a stumps reverse flow . Please tell me your burning sticks in that thing?
ClayHill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #138
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayHill View Post
That's a great looking unit.....reminiscence of a stumps reverse flow . Please tell me your burning sticks in that thing?
Thanks! I haven't burned sticks yet since I don't have it but I've been burning lump. I use compressed wood chips for flavor. This last burn was briquettes which were terrible to get hot enough.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #139
fillyfish44
Found some matches.

First, changed the name...F & F BBQ was way too not good. fff Q is the new name and we're officially named on the "who's in" list.
Ok, some probably redundant questions...

The lake cruise is Friday night? What time?
The bands are who and when?
What time is the Judging Class on Friday?
What time are the awards on Sunday?
Arethe cooking demo/classes mandatory and when are they?

None of these questions are asked with attitude, I'm just trying to piece this thing together mentally. I for some reason thought the main comp was Saturday so I just actually learned that it is Sunday.

All answers would be much appreciated. THANKS!!
fillyfish44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #140
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyfish44 View Post
The lake cruise is Friday night? What time?
The bands are who and when?
What time is the Judging Class on Friday?
What time are the awards on Sunday?
Arethe cooking demo/classes mandatory and when are they?

All answers would be much appreciated. THANKS!!
-The lake cruise will be after the potluck and live music. I believe we are looking at a 10pm cruise and it will be 60-90 min.
-The band info I have is only that we are having them Friday and Saturday Night, a kids area is set up for Saturday, a classic car cruise is set for Sunday. I tried to reach Ed for specifics on all this but he is unavailable. If you would like, feel free to give him a call directly at 888-RAYSTOWN X11.
-The judging class is set for Thursday and we are working all that out with the Lovlies who are our KCBS reps.
-Awards are tentatively posted for 4pm Sunday.
-Cooking class / demo's are not mandatory and will be scheduled soon for a few hours Saturday. If you are interested, send me a PM or call Ed to get listed and discuss your given topic.

I wish I could answer these questions better but I have been out of the loop with Ed for about 2 weeks now.

I'll get you better answers ASAP! Keep'em coming!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:26 AM   #141
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Got some edits and additions to the last post. Spoke with Ed via email and this is what the skinny is...

• Ed: We have the Princess lake cruiser 9-10:30ish p.m. I am planning to leave dock by 9:15.
  • Ed: Velveeta (80scheese.com) will end their set around 8:30p on Friday night. Velveeta is playing Sat. night 6ish until 8:30. Shadow 9 is playing 7-10p Saturday. Velveeta is all 80s. Shadow 9 is a little bit of everything with classic rock-today's alt rock.
  • Ed/Brian: A kids area is set up for Saturday, a classic car cruise is set for Sunday. It is getting more likely that we are going to have music on Sunday also. Jazz or bluegrass or ? -- a couple local bands have offered to come play. I might do an open stage...still deciding.
  • Brian/Ed: Give Ed a call directly at 888-RAYSTOWN X11 with any questions. Leave a voicemail on my ext. 11 if I am not there.
  • Brian: The judging class is set for Thursday and we are working all that out with the Lovlies who are our KCBS reps
  • Brian: Awards are tentatively posted for 4pm Sunday
  • Brian/Ed: Cooking class / demo's are not mandatory and will be scheduled soon for a few hours Saturday. If you are interested, send me a PM or call Ed to get listed and discuss your given topic. Ed: yeah! sign up and give us an idea of topic.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #142
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Waiting to hear back from the butcher about the onsite meat delivery and the possibility of getting aged briskets. I am guessing the briskets will be fresh as they come from local beef. I couldnt talk to him today as he was out on the floor. I will keep adding as it becomes available!

Old 07-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #143
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

I'm a certified thread killer! lol.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #144
ClayHill
Full Fledged Farker

I'm pretty sure you cant kill a thread you started, there's got to be a rule about that somewhere. I hope things are progressing well and apps are still coming in...

Old 07-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #145
ClayHill
Full Fledged Farker

aww man........ just looked at your updated list, I shouldn't have done that

Old 07-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #146
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Wy not? We are getting apps in as we get closer. I've just been busy this week outside if this event and haven't been able to follow up on things.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #147
ClayHill
Full Fledged Farker

no.......its nothing you have done or not done.......some pretty hot teams of late will be there, thats all I was refering too

Old 07-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #148
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Oh! I definately get you there! I'm excited to see it come together!

Old 07-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #149
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayHill View Post
aww man........ just looked at your updated list, I shouldn't have done that
I know what you are saying!! That marzoni brick oven pizza team is gonna kick some ass!
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #150
ClayHill
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
I know what you are saying!! That marzoni brick oven pizza team is gonna kick some ass!
eeeeasy killer.......