Longhorn Shelf Mod

AlabamaGrillBillies

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a OK Joe's Longhorn in the next month. I know I will be making the standard mods ie deflector plate, smoke stack extended to grate level, and some sort of charcoal basket. One thing I haven't seen anyone do is add an additonal shelf to the main cooking chamber. I was wondering if anyone has done this as I would like to learn from your experiences before I try and do it on my own. Any pictures would be great. Thanks guys.

AlabamaGrillBillies said:
I am looking to purchase a OK Joe's Longhorn in the next month. I know I will be making the standard mods ie deflector plate, smoke stack extended to grate level, and some sort of charcoal basket. One thing I haven't seen anyone do is add an additonal shelf to the main cooking chamber. I was wondering if anyone has done this as I would like to learn from your experiences before I try and do it on my own. Any pictures would be great. Thanks guys.

I have one of these cookers and a Brother here made my baffle and my charcoal basket. PM me if you want his name.

I'd love to put in a shelf too, so I'll be watching this thread. Not to hijack, but what is this mod that extends the stack... I'd love to know more about what that is and what it does.

B

Well, i'm looking at a 3" 90degree elbow that should extend down to grate level. You can get them at lowes or home depot. And I will PM you about the baffle and basket.

AlabamaGrillBillies said:
Well, i'm looking at a 3" 90degree elbow that should extend down to grate level. You can get them at lowes or home depot. And I will PM you about the baffle and basket.

I'd like to see a pic of the elbow thing installed. I'm not visualizin what you are referring to.

B

Back