Wildwood BBQ - November Bash (NYC)

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Plans are beginning to shape up for another Brethren NYC BBQ Adventure ! Stay Tuned for more details on our next mini bash in November at WildWood BBQ. If its anything like the last couple it will be an experience not to be missed ! :icon_cool

More info Eric please.
Might be fun for me and my son Kevin and Capt. Morgan

Sounds like fun. I'm interested.

Just depends on the date, as I have an anniversry this month and also have my eyes set on a class at ICE.

any date but this is OK with us...who wants to join us here?

Sun, Nov 16, 2p – 5pm
WhereInstitute of Culinary Education - 50 West 23rd St., Manhattan (map)
DescriptionWitness Master Butcher Rudi Weid break down a sustainably raised, heirloom pig (from Tamarack Farm in Vermont) into primals, sub-primals, and, ultimately, roasts, portions, and by-products. This special demonstration and tasting, hosted graciously by the Institute of Culinary Education, will benefit Slow Food Harvest Time education programs in schools in East Harlem and Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Master Butcher Rudi will work from head to hind-quarter, and discuss each section, cut, and muscle in this demonstration. While Master Butcher Rudi breaks down his pig, you will savor roast, seared, and grilled tastes of each cut accompanied by local brews. Ticket are available ONLY at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/37144 Slow Food Members - $40 Non-member
pigmaker23;764982 said:
Plans are beginning to shape up for another Brethren NYC BBQ Adventure ! Stay Tuned for more details on our next mini bash in November at WildWood BBQ. If its anything like the last couple it will be an experience not to be missed ! :icon_cool

I'm not around this month, but I would like to put in a request for a chicken and waffles trip later this winter

Sun, Nov 16, 2p – 5pm
WhereInstitute of Culinary Education - 50 West 23rd St., Manhattan (map)
DescriptionWitness Master Butcher Rudi Weid break down a sustainably raised, heirloom pig (from Tamarack Farm in Vermont) into primals, sub-primals, and, ultimately, roasts, portions, and by-products. This special demonstration and tasting, hosted graciously by the Institute of Culinary Education, will benefit Slow Food Harvest Time education programs in schools in East Harlem and Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Master Butcher Rudi will work from head to hind-quarter, and discuss each section, cut, and muscle in this demonstration. While Master Butcher Rudi breaks down his pig, you will savor roast, seared, and grilled tastes of each cut accompanied by local brews. Ticket are available ONLY at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/37144 Slow Food Members - $40 Non-member

Sounds like a good time but I'm already booked for a class at ICE for Friday night 11/14. Considering that my anniversary is 11/15 I should plan on spending some time home that weekend.

Emjoy it!

So, is it safe to assume at this point that it's not happening?

Some feedback would be appreciated.

Eric

I think Pigmaker is playing a game...

We're all just supposed to guess the date & time and make the best of it with whomever else is there. Give the hostess and wait staff the secret password and they'll give you a free cookie with your BBQ platter.

At this point, I'm probably out but we'll see.

Last edited:
Are the cookies chocolate chip?

Eric

The good part is, we get to use our imagination with this Bash since it's in our heads and not real. I'm gonna got to Fantasy Island Wildwood as I type this. I'm on the train, now I am being seated and drinking a sweet tea (very good), I'm eating ribs now (St. Louis-dry rub only). Mac & Cheese is killer.

I'm gonna ask for my cookie now...(PS- The password is "Illuminati" for those playing at home")I hope it's a white chocolate chip cookie with macadamia nuts and craisins.. I like those.

Yes !! It is !!! The waitress must like me, she brought me two cookies and her phone #.

I'm stuffed. I highly recommend visiting. Great job on the meats Matt !!!

You're turn... who wants to play ?

Back