PC Meat Monster on order

TRS

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After selling a few things including one of my Stump's, I called and ordered a Meat Monster from Peoria Cookers. We are getting bigger catering gigs and needed a bigger cooker. Keeping the Stump's for comps and the Monster for catering.
Did alot of researching before calling PC. The fact that it is fully insulated and has two stacks to be able to cook or hold at two different temps is what really sold me. Can achieve a 100 degree temp difference between the lower racks and upper racks. Can be used for direct or indirect cooking. Top quality and a very versatile cooker. I ordered the Meat Monster with the internal firebox. Its a gravity feed set up so it can go 20hrs or more without having to feed it. They have a special introductory price on it.
Headed up to Illinois the end of Sept to pick it up.
The wait begins!

Thanks! As I said, I sold quite a few things to get it :roll:

Congrats. I saw Mike Wozniak's Meat Monster in action at a cooking class once. I've lusted over one of those ever since. Make sure you update us on how it is working for you.

Mick,
No, After picking up a few catering gigs and dropping the coin on this cooker, we may only cook 1-2 more comps this season. We already scaled back. We were really hoping to take Myrons class in Nov also. I really want to learn his whole hog process. His class is the same weekend as Cumming so we are still on the fence.

Congrats! I know someone who traded a Porsche to the owner for one!

Congrats. I saw Mike Wozniak's Meat Monster in action at a cooking class once. I've lusted over one of those ever since. Make sure you update us on how it is working for you.

There's a pretty good video of Mike doing a demo of the meat monster on the PCC site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

That's a great looking cooker. I think the internal firebox is awesome.

The MM with the internal firebox is somewhat new. I think he has only offered them for the past 5-6 months. Bill said you lose a little bit of cooking space (internal firebox is approx 12" wide) but you still have 3 levels to cook on and I figured I would give up the 12" to get some sleep and not have to tend to it during long cooks. Even with the external firebox it gets very long burn times as the whole cooker is insulated, the cooking chamber and the firebox.
I could not check one out in person as there are not alot of them around, at least not around here, but the construction and quality looks second to none. I did order a few extra options on it, charcoal pan, diamond plate fenders and a locking diamond plate storage box added to the front of the trailer.
I will post some pics once she is home.

Thanks!

Back