MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Gerrit_Boys
Full Fledged Farker

Default KCBS choice hotel benefits

Does anyone know how to apply the KCBS membership to choice hotels to get the 15% off rate. I see you can select the rate and then it asks for a special rate ID. I have no idea where to find that part. Amy help would be great. Thanks,
Gerrit_Boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
gmholler
Full Fledged Farker

Are you registered on kcbs.us? You need to log in to that site and look under "Discounts", I believe it is - or is it "Benefits"?. The Choice Hotels KCBS number will be listed - I think they currently talk about a stay 2 nights get one free promotion, but the number is good for the KCBS rate - just go to

http://www.choicehotels.com

and enter that as the "special rate/Corp ID" for the KCBS rate for rooms. Hubby travels a lot, and he is forever using that rate!

Lynn H.
gmholler is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Gerrit_Boys
Full Fledged Farker

I don't know where I got the 15% off idea, maybe it was last year? Anyways, thanks for the info

Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

For some reason they did not have the code number on the KCBS web site. I called the office yesterday to get it. the Choice Hotels special rate ID number is...
number removed due to complaint about it being posted here. Sorry, you will have to call the KCBS office to get it.
22" Weber
Weber Summit SS natural gas

Last edited by QN; 05-24-2011 at 11:29 AM..
QN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
nukenight
On the road to being a farker

Default Choice Rate

The Choice Hotels rate is better than the Gov't rate in many cities. I think this is tied to places that have nearby KCBS contests. Call the KCBS office and get the code. It is worth it!
nukenight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
Gerrit_Boys
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QN View Post
For some reason they did not have the code number on the KCBS web site. I called the office yesterday to get it. the Choice Hotels special rate ID number is...
number removed due to complaint about it being posted here. Sorry, you will have to call the KCBS office to get it.
Thanks, my wife got the number and it worked good. Weird how they don't make that number more accessible for members, especially since you have to log into their site anyways.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
iampaulb
Got Wood.

As a side note...

To get the stay 2 nights get one free promo most likely you will have to register via choicehotels.com, unless you are a platinum member already, then I think you can register any way you choose.

Also, the KCBS rate is a good deal, but I find my AAA rate shaves a few more dollars off the bill. Pays to shop around.

Hope that helps.
Paul