MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

View Poll Results: Who among the following has displayed the ultimate mastery of the Tri-Tip Roast?
SmokinAussie 28 39.44%
dannypat21 2 2.82%
Groundhog66 11 15.49%
campdude 5 7.04%
deepsouth 14 19.72%
vhram 1 1.41%
AndyDuncan 5 7.04%
Will work for BBQ 1 1.41%
OakPit 4 5.63%
goro25 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #46
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

You actually typed the word learnt, Bill. I bestow Honory Bama Boy privilages on you.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #47
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDuncan View Post
And yes, I voted for myself, and no, I don't have any shame about that whatsoever :-)

likewise. hahaha! i'd have probably voted for someone else had i had the opportunity to try anyone's!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #48
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

I went with deepsouth because it was just south of medium rare and had that nice crust. Mooing? Of course that is subjective (like cremated), but to me, it doesn't even look rare and definitely not blue rare -- looks too juicy for that and the center doesn't have that cold look. Have to take into account the red is oversaturated in the pic. I think if I was paying a bit more attention and saw Andy's sammie pics that were posted above, I would've gone for that instead. Less guess work and a beautiful presentation.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #49
deepsouth

that's actually real close to what it actually looked like. in that particular picture, it's pretty accurate. now the picture of the pasta i posted the next day.... the color was all off of that one.

what's blue rare? i'm not sure i'm familar with that term.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #50
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
that's actually real close to what it actually looked like. in that particular picture, it's pretty accurate. now the picture of the pasta i posted the next day.... the color was all off of that one.

what's blue rare? i'm not sure i'm familar with that term.
Great, reminds me of the sirloins my mom used to cook. Blue rare is what Guerry said. You just pass it over the fire. It's still cold throughout and the surface is just heated. It varies a lot, but maybe half a minute per side.

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #51
Wampus

Dayummmmmm!!!

This thread ONCE AGAIN makes me wish I could get that cut here! I just want to TASTE one!!

They all look so good. In the end, for me at least, it was smokinaussie, deepsouth and grounhog66 in the running. For me, deepsouth's looked the most yummy (farkin BEAUTIFUL!!!), but had to go with SA simply because of the marbling in that raw pic. That first slice looks so juicy I'm suprised my monitor's not wet!!!!

Nice job all! Lot's of tri-tip masters as far as I'm concerned!

Gore...........nice try!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #52
Gore
Phizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post

They all look so good. In the end, for me at least, it was smokinaussie, deepsouth and grounhog66 in the running. For me, deepsouth's looked the most yummy (farkin BEAUTIFUL!!!), but had to go with SA simply because of the marbling in that raw pic.
Well Bill, just doesn't seem fair you're getting all the votes for marbling when my tri-tip had vastly superior marbling to yours. I'm sensing a conspiracy between you and Chris. Now where did I put my foil hat?

Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #53
bigabyte

I didn't see any marbles in there Gore, and frankly I'm not so sure marbles sound like such a good idea.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #54
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Well Bill, just doesn't seem fair you're getting all the votes for marbling when my tri-tip had vastly superior marbling to yours. I'm sensing a conspiracy between you and Chris. Now where did I put my foil hat?
I'm just humbled so far Gore... win or lose! I never saw a Tri Tip till a few weeks ago and then had to do a lot of research for this TD, and then 1st time, things happened to go pretty well!

As you know, and as all brethren know... Chris is totally impartial.

In fact every time I asked him to pick the TD photo, he picked the wrong one! (At least IMHO).. Maybe all he can do is masterclass brisket lessons... and not a lot wrong with that!

That Tri Tip of yours though... Very nice. I really need to talk to your butcher!

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #55
bigabyte

...reviewing Bill's entry now...

(j/k)
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #56
deepsouth

no reason to be humble bill. that's a banGin tri-tip you had there. i'm not even sure our butchers down here knows what marbling is. and if they do, they don't put anything out with any....

Tags
Master, Tri-Tip