MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
RubMeTender
Full Fledged Farker

Default Florida Requirements

Does anyone know that the requirements are in Florida to sell BBQ on the side of the road?
RubMeTender is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Start with your local Health Dept.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
sluvsmore
Full Fledged Farker

I beleive it changes from county to county in florida. I know in volusia county they are more laid back then in brevard county check with your county
sluvsmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
BigJimsBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Local Heath Dept and possibly County Business Licence. Start with Health Dept.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #5
chad

Yep. Check with the Health Department. I used the office on East Bay a few years ago. They were helpful. Do some on-line research and you can find the rather lengthy documentation on requirements...I will say the county pretty much mirrors the state requirements. Also, don't forget local municipality rules. It's a maze...

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
Grillman
is One Chatty Farker

Yes....don't spend any money until you check with the Health Department.

You don't want to have to buy something twice...because it didn't pass inspection
the first time.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
RubMeTender
Full Fledged Farker

after much research, i think i'll stick to the comps and backyard for a little while. Florida doesnt seem as relaxed as other states. thanks for the help guys
RubMeTender is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
Bbq Bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillman View Post
Yes....don't spend any money until you check with the Health Department.

You don't want to have to buy something twice...because it didn't pass inspection
the first time.
Boy, ain't that the truth.
#detroitporkmafia

Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Boy, ain't that the truth.
Troubles Bubbles??????? Did you finally get approved? I think I'm doing a little better than you. For example as my sinks are for warewashing and hand washing only so all that air gap stuff does not apply. I needed a 6 gal water heater turned up to max heat but it should pass. Also got hit with a new NSF fridge ($1100) but that's life. And a new drain connection to be my mop sink with a cheap large funnel to pour slop water into. And they passed the 20 gal tank for waste with a 15 gal RV rolling unit and I have a 20 gal fresh. Big deal is self closing vending window and I think I have that licked. Friday afternoon he'll be here to inspect and collect $140 for the license.

And looks like I have a prime location on Thursdays until early October. I'm excited.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
Troubles Bubbles??????? Did you finally get approved? I think I'm doing a little better than you. For example as my sinks are for warewashing and hand washing only so all that air gap stuff does not apply. I needed a 6 gal water heater turned up to max heat but it should pass. Also got hit with a new NSF fridge ($1100) but that's life. And a new drain connection to be my mop sink with a cheap large funnel to pour slop water into. And they passed the 20 gal tank for waste with a 15 gal RV rolling unit and I have a 20 gal fresh. Big deal is self closing vending window and I think I have that licked. Friday afternoon he'll be here to inspect and collect $140 for the license.

And looks like I have a prime location on Thursdays until early October. I'm excited.
Congrats Ford! And good luck!!!
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
Bbq Bubba

Quote:

Passed finally Monday, went with bar sinks and 2 4 gallon water heaters.
Problem was trying to make do with the VERY large triple stainless sink i had, would have needed a hot water heater on a trailer by their specs so all in all life is good and i re-opened today to a very hungry lunch crowd!

Good luck with inspection!

PS, i just put in a screen in my vending window with a small sliding panel to pass food thru.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trailer 011.jpg (49.4 KB, 166 views)
#detroitporkmafia

Old 07-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Steve

Is the screen self closing or did you buy an air curtain. That's a must in Kent County.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #13
Greendriver
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:

I sure would love to see some pics of that setup if you got any.

Blog - Carpet Capitol Living
Greendriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
Bbq Bubba

My hand closes it itself so I guess.
Air curtains are NOT bug proof, Mi. Food police are morons!
We need to get our own thread. Think. :)
Quote:
Steve

Is the screen self closing or did you buy an air curtain. That's a must in Kent County.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #15
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Where is your prime location? I live near by and need to test some award winning Q. If I don't find some soon here in West MI, I will need to drive to New Baltimore to be schooled by Bubba.