Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Makes you even able to handle a guy who complains on facebook about your food not being as cheap as famous dave's :roll: You handled it wonderfully, however.

The results sound so worth all the struggles. Keep it up with what you are doing and you will be around for a long time. :clap:

I'll spare you all the details as I'm sure you're sick of the updates by now
I doubt if we'll ever get sick of your update bro. Keep them coming!

I think there was a day this week you skipped an update (Wednesday?)
I for one missed seeing it..
So - there are at least a thousand of us who enjoy seeing them... at least for a little while longer..

I'll spare you all the details as I'm sure you're sick of the updates by now.

This is probably my favorite thread since I've been on the forum (and that's been 11 years!). I even keep my wife updated on it, because I here the same thing all the time..."you should open BBQ restaurant!".

Keep the updates coming!

This is probably my favorite thread since I've been on the forum (and that's been 11 years!). I even keep my wife updated on it, because I here the same thing all the time..."you should open BBQ restaurant!".

Keep the updates coming!

This x1000

I look forward to the updates, if fact i would like, as much as you care to share, some numbers (avg daily count / avg daily per person spend) etc etc. Again, you certainly not obligated, but since following this thread for almost a year, i am thrilled for you, and sort of feel like we are all in it together (in a very very small way)

I'm very happy for you and your employees. I too have enjoyed all the updates and have been inspired by your pictures too. Congrats. May the successes continue and get even brighter.

Hey Mister... I didn't crawl through 1200+ posts of excitement and misery for you to think you should quit posting now. This is the happy end and sequel we have been waiting for. Keep up the good work and keep us informed... :wink:

Another record day. Well, in terms of orders, not quite in sales. We even had to stop taking phone orders and limit everything to first come first serve in person. And Neil, a fellow brethren stopped in with his wife right as we ran out of food, which was at something like 6:30.

Again, it kills me to run out so early. But there really wasn't much more we could do without sacrificing quality and trying to hold food for longer than necessary. Smoker was essentially at capacity for most of the day.

But even today it wasn't just the meat. We blazed through sides. Even things like corn bread, we went through two huge batches and was about to run out at 5:30, and even though we had a pan ready to go, since it takes an hour there was no sense in putting it in. And we couldn't have put it in any earlier since we just have a single oven and it was already full of beans and mac.

So, I'm looking at upgrading our range setup. A 36" 4-burner (with only 3 working burners) with an oven that only has one rack is as limiting as the smoker. So a good 60" setup with double ovens, six burners, and a small griddle will help a ton.

And got a TV thing lined up here soon. Not that I need any advertising at this point, but can't turn down an opportunity like that.

I'm glad to hear your business is going well. As I was reading the first few pages I couldn't help but feel like you were a bit discouraged.
I'm from Toledo, so I'm familiar with where you are and I've actually driven past your place a few times while I was working. I drive semi's and was delivering to Intieva in Adrian.
I'm going to make a trip up there soon and support your business.

If you are updating your oven, see if you can find one where there is a broiler under the griddle. It is great to have for future menu items.

Read this whole post, glad your open and doing successful.

So, whens the bigger smoker showing up.....

As Jeremy mentioned above, the wife and I stopped in last night for dinner and we got there just in time. Just time in time for a 1/2 rack of ribs and a rib tip dinner that is, the only thing left besides an order or two of smoked sausage. We were late getting started so I told my wife if he was sold out I'd take her to Red Lobster which she loves for some odd reason. Like Jeremy said, we arrived around 6:30 and were informed the Valentine's Day special was sold out as was the chicken so I opted for the 1/2 rack of spares and rib tip dinner for the wife since she loves gristle! Both came with two sides so we went with the slaw and mac & cheese. Tuned out they only had one order of slaw left so I doubled up on the macaroni & cheese. Everything was excellent, the only thing missing was a cold beer. While we were waiting for our food a couple of more diners walked in and ordered the last of the ribs, tips, sausage, and sides and he was officially "sold out" for the day! Like I said, we got there just in time! The "OPEN" sign on the door was turned over to "CLOSED" and a few more people arrived, turned it back to "OPEN" and walked on in when they were informed the restaurant was indeed closed due to the sell out condition. Dejected, they turned and left promising to return earlier next time. Again the sign was returned to "CLOSED" and soon after two young ladies ignored it an walked up to the counter to order. They too were disappointed in their own tardiness then asked if they could at least get an order of pickles to go!! Jeremy filled the order and was they officially sold out of EVERYTHING!! Like I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, we need to schedule a mini brethren bash at The Prized Pig.

Back