Seaside Heights Que By The Sea in Sept.

bigjonsBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything if they will be having it this year, with the clean up from Sandy still on going? I saw that it was listed on the KCBS website, but I cant get in touch with anyone there. I know applications for the event usually come out around this time.

Huge 6 alarm fire burning up the boardwalk right now, looks bad on the news.

Fire is south of the event, however would be surprised if they continued with the event.

Fire is south of the event, however would be surprised if they continued with the event.

I wouldn't. Event is 10ish blocks from the fire. I know it has spread quite a bit and the wind was certainly blowing that direction. The boardwalk in SSP is gone. Spent the first 26 years of my life there. It is tough to watch the devastation again less than a year after Sandy. Sawmill, Funtown Pier, etc.

The event is in a municipal lot in the Heights next to the water park (that was my summer job in my HS and college years). The lot will still be there. I think (hope) the contest will go on. I consider this my home contest.

Fire is contained to a 4 block area between Stockton and Lincoln. This is 4 blocks from Blaine (the backside/southside of the municipal lot). 5 Blocks from Grant which i where the festival is held and where they set up the main stage.

News just said they have it under control and it's no longer advancing. Fingers crossed for Que by the Sea

So far I think the contest is still on. We received a email yesterday that included the final competitor packages for the contest. They did mention to make sure to bring a up to date fire extinguisher.

Of course we still have a week to go.

Lori Daniels
Burnt Side Down

I was on the waiting list and just got the email yesterday that I was in. I don't think they would have sent me the info if they thought it would be cancelled. They need this event to happen.

Here is the email I just received from Danielle the organizer....

"We are continuing on with our events that were scheduled for this weekend, Sept. 14th and 15th. So, I think we are going to be able to move ahead next weekend for Que by the Sea as well.
I will know more information regarding BBQ next week. For right now, we have to concentrate on the events taking place this weekend. If anything changes about the BBQ event, we will send out an email to notify everyone."

Best,
Danielle Gries & Nicole Skala
Seaside Heights Business Improvement District
P.O. Box 43
Seaside Heights, New Jersey 08751
Phone: 732-830-3700
Fax: 732-830-1485
info@exit82.com
www.exit82.com

They did mention to make sure to bring a up to date fire extinguisher.

Too little, too late!

I do like that they are going to try to continue - been a rough year for them and cancelling all sorts of sort won't help.

I really wanted to do this event this year but I couldn't get any info on. The website is still from last year. I send emails and left messages on the numbers on the site and listed in the KCBS Bullsheets. Emails were bounced and no responses to calls. I thought maybe it was off because of the issues with Sandy. Does anyone have contacts so maybe I could get in for next year? Is the info in Born2Smoke's post the current info?

TIA

Last edited:
Back