• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Why you need to find a butcher and go there yourself.

Hedgeley

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
SO I'm being lazy (as usual) and say to the Wife (note the caps) "Hey, I'd like to try and smoke some Beef ribs. Could you please pick me up some chuck beef side ribs about 5 inches wide?"
OK she says...
2 hours later - she shows up with some chuck side ribs about 5" LONG, and about 2" wide.
"But they were on sale"
....sigh...

women - can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts. :wacko:

I've often found it helpful to show them a pic, and send one to their phone of exactly what you want........

Sometimes it works :shock:

When it comes to buying meat, I only do it myself because I know exactly what I am looking for in the meat.

I reckon in your house size don't matter:caked: Going to the Butcher is like a trip to the Barber Shop or Mrs Kitties Jiggly Boom Boom Room and Review, you have to go yourself.

I reckon in your house size don't matter:caked: Going to the Butcher is like a trip to the Barber Shop or Mrs Kitties Jiggly Boom Boom Room and Review, you have to go yourself.

Nice dig. maybe I shouldn't have demonstrated how long I wanted it...

Ok.. Woodpile Penalty box for both of us.:redface:

Went to the butchers myself

picked out two 5 rib racks that look amazing. Still disappointed that my hometown butcher is soaking the big city. But still. I'll make sure I take a cooler next time I go "home" . But seriously? 29 bucks a pound for 60 day :boxing:aged ribeyes?

When I ask my wife to stop and grab me something, she just hands the phone to the butcher and calls me.

Back