MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #46
Funtimebbq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryA View Post
The "West Coast BBQ Classic" contest out here in Long Beach, CA (5/12/12) is a bit skewed.
All the Pork and Brisket scores are bunched up with Ribs.
Any chance of getting it fixed?

Thanks for the site by the way, it's awesome!
I asked about that a couple of time via email and PM. In addition, the two contests held over the New Year's weekend do not show up as 2012 TOY events. Teams such as Slap Yo Daddy and Tippy Canoe have different point totals if the top 10 contests are used on this site (added up) vs. copying the point total from the KCBS site. I'm sure they will get it corrected, even it means just changing the contest dates to reflect 2012 dates.
Funtimebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #47
New Pal Frank
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks. I got the email and all is good. Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into this. I know it's a monumental task. Keep up the good work.
Husband & Wife Team (so far)

[B][I][COLOR=magenta][U]Hug Hogs Competition BBQ Team[/U] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=black][U]New Palestine IN[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
New Pal Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #48
HarleyEarl
Full Fledged Farker

I think the premise of this site is great, but if they can't correct glaring errors such as having the chicken and rib score doubled up under the overall results (I have 3 overall results for the Polar Bear challenge) thus no results for these categories - especially after e-mail notification and posting on this forum. It isn't worth a hoot. Hopefully they can take it serious next year or just shut it down. The legitimacy and accuracy are really questionable. Longing for the good old days when Paul with the Pickled Pig kept track of the results.
CBJ
Six UDS's, Traeger 125, Traeger Jr, two HD Off-sets, and a home-made Trailer mounted smoker
Funny Farm BBQ
[URL="http://www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us"]www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us[/URL]
[COLOR=darkred][B]***2010 Great American Barbecue Baste of the Year***[/B][/COLOR]
HarleyEarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #49
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyEarl View Post
It isn't worth a hoot. Hopefully they can take it serious next year or just shut it down.
So you are saying you don't think they are taking their new web site seriously at all?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #50
HarleyEarl
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnbish View Post
So you are saying you don't think they are taking their new web site seriously at all?
When they ask for feedback on issues with the site and receive comments about errors then tell people you'll fix the problems and months pass without making the fixes, sure seems like they aren't too interested in taking feedback seriously.

When the Pickled Pig ran a similar ranking system, Paul responded to issues damn near immediately. As we all know maintaining these rankings is very time consuming, especially during the middle of the season, but they need to make the fixes when pointed out to them.

Love the concept, but right now the rankings are unreliable due to unresolved issues starting with a contest last February. There were quite a few top 25 teams there and the rankings don't accurately reflect their scores.
CBJ
Six UDS's, Traeger 125, Traeger Jr, two HD Off-sets, and a home-made Trailer mounted smoker
Funny Farm BBQ
[URL="http://www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us"]www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us[/URL]
[COLOR=darkred][B]***2010 Great American Barbecue Baste of the Year***[/B][/COLOR]
HarleyEarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #51
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyEarl View Post
When they ask for feedback on issues with the site and receive comments about errors then tell people you'll fix the problems and months pass without making the fixes, sure seems like they aren't too interested in taking feedback seriously.

When the Pickled Pig ran a similar ranking system, Paul responded to issues damn near immediately. As we all know maintaining these rankings is very time consuming, especially during the middle of the season, but they need to make the fixes when pointed out to them.

Love the concept, but right now the rankings are unreliable due to unresolved issues starting with a contest last February. There were quite a few top 25 teams there and the rankings don't accurately reflect their scores.
Thanks for the clarification

Old 10-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #52
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

just to remind everyone I am sure that bbqrace.com is run as a hobby. It seems kinda rude to tell someone that they are not doing a good job at their hobby and they should get better or quit.

Without it I wouldn't have any idea where my team is in the KCBS TOY until next year. Its a neat tool and provides a lot of great information.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #53
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

Well said Dawg. Additionally you can see Heath's quote below that their intention is to get everything fixed up by next year. Heath is probably the most busy guy in barbecue and one of the best. He'll get it done, but it will take some time. My understanding specifically with the Polar Bear challenge is that it is a bug that is in the programming language, so it is not a simple fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Hall View Post
As I've already mentioned we know there are still bugs to fix and that is what we are working on clearing up over the next 3 months so we have a clean start when 2013 arrives.
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #54
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPhan View Post
just to remind everyone I am sure that bbqrace.com is run as a hobby. It seems kinda rude to tell someone that they are not doing a good job at their hobby and they should get better or quit.

Without it I wouldn't have any idea where my team is in the KCBS TOY until next year. Its a neat tool and provides a lot of great information.
Great point . Seems a pretty big swing at someone to publicly call them out on the forum for not taking it seriously. Especially when they have said a fix is coming in a few months. Not easy what they are doing.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #55
Pig Pimp 21
Found some matches.

This site is great. As was mentioned above, for those of us who don't compete in many events each year (3 to 5) it would be fun to see a per event average ranking to get a feeling of where we stack up against the teams competing more than 20 times per year. But then, maybe that isn't the point of the site.
Pig Pimp 21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #56
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

I just wish he would respond to my emails! I love it and want to sponsor it.

Ryan he may be the second busiest man in BBQ hahahah
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #57
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
I just wish he would respond to my emails! I love it and want to sponsor it.

Ryan he may be the second busiest man in BBQ hahahah
How about the busiest one that might sleep?

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #58
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

good one George!
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BBQ Race, Rankings, Team of the Year