MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices

Notices

Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices We sell the Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices, along with a few select items, that you may find useful for barbecuing or grilling. http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store/

Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
4WardMotion
Found some matches.

Default Newbie here... Best Rubs???

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I am looking for the perfect rubs for Tri-tip, baby back ribs and pulled pork. It seems that there is a lot of buzz around here regarding the Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs. Which ones would you recommend for the meats I have listed?

Thanks for the guidance!

4WardMotion
4WardMotion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

The Rub Co. or Oakridge Santa Maria for tri- tip, Plowboys Yardbird for ribs and Simply Marvellous Cherry on butts. I've never actually had tri-tip since it's not as popular on the east coast but just trust me. :thumbup:

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
SMOKIN PITTS
Found some matches.

I've used the Pecan and Cherry rub and they are both very good. Cherry rub works great on ribs.
SMOKIN PITTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Grillman
is One Chatty Farker

Your own personal tastes will have to make the final decision; but....I use the
Season-All on Beef, and it is light years beyond the Lawrys Season-all that I had been using
for many years. (it's great on all meats too)
I like the Pecan Rub on fish.....the Cherry Rub was very good as well.
The Sweet Seduction, Sweet and Spicy, Cherry and Spicy Apple, are all GREAT on Pork.
They all work great on Poultry too.
You can't go wrong with any of them, in my opinion.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
PorkQPine
Full Fledged Farker

Get on the internet or if you have a BBQ store close by pick up a dozen different rubs and try them. Each person is different so what you like I may not. I ordered a bunch of different rubs a few years ago before I settled on one that I made. I did a catering job the other day and didn't have enough of my rub so I pulled out some Head County rub to use, it was such a suprise, I forgot how much I liked it. If you don't have at least a dozen rubs in your in your BBQ box you're just passing through the BBQ world.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
yobtaf
On the road to being a farker

The season all is ridiculous on chicken!! Its good on a lot of things!! I bought 5 lbs of it. I love the cherry too, got 5 lbs of it. I use it on butts and ribs. I also use the sweet and spicy a lot on pork. I havent really done any beef but when I do a brisket I will probably use the season all and sweet and spicy. I am like Whitney Houston when it comes to the Simply Marvelous pusher!

too soon for the whitney remark
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
4WardMotion
Found some matches.

Thank you all for your replies!

It looks like the Cherry, Pecan and Season All are very highly recommended. I guess I might just have to get the 6 pack and try them all. I'm always looking for a good rub to try.

Now, I just wish I would have thought about this sooner so I could have it for this Saturday as I am thinking about smoking my first pork butt. Oh well, will have to try it next time once I get it.

Thanks Again!

4WardMotion
4WardMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Soooo, I just now noticed that you posted this in the simply marvellous section. Bang head. Lucky for me Steph is such a nice guy hopefully he won't send his henchmen for me! Sorry bro! I will say you could probably put any of his rubs on any type of meat and not be disappointed. When in doubt use the season all, it makes everything better. My saving grace here may be that you can buy all of my previous recommendations except the oakridge from steph on the SM website! Doh!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

It's all good, brother. At least he Oakridge is Brethren and supports the site.