MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 11-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Arrow BBQ Brethren "Rookie, Virgin, Amateur, FNG" Throwdown!

Have you ever thought about entering one of the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns but felt like you were either too new to the Brethren, or perhaps felt that some of the regulars made dishes too good for you to compete against? Or perhaps you have tried your hand at a Throwdown or two but despite your valiant efforts your dish was blown away by one of the regulars who entered a dish that would have made Julia Child cry?

THEN THIS THROWDOWN IS FOR YOU!

This Throwdown will be limited to those who have only participated in 3 Throwdowns or fewer (based on the date of this post). If you are unsure if you qualify, just ask and I will let you know.

This will be an OPEN CATEGORY, meaning any dish will be accepted as long as it adheres to the following rules:

1. The item must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2. Submitted dishes must be cooked between Today (11/22) and Friday 12/31.
3. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on January 2nd (extra couple of days are being allowed for those who will be out of town or otherwise indisposed due to the New Year).
4. You can make multiple entries into this Throwdown if you like. Just like at a bash, I would not expect people to share only one dish, but any number of dishes they would like to share.
5. You are allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to add the dish/item to a more interesting background if you like.
6. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
7. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
8. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
9. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
10. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your posts family friendly.
11. Since this is a virtual online bash, I expect everyone to have fun, but also remember there are kids around. Anyone caught not having fun will be asked to leave until they are fun again.

Best of luck to all who enter!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.

Last edited by bigabyte; 11-22-2010 at 10:24 PM..
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 11-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
bigabyte

Oh, I forgot to mention that the winner will receive a prize. Since I prefer leaving things a surprise, I will not tell you what the prize is...but I'm sure you will enjoy it!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
deguerre

Oooooooooooooo FUN! This will be good to watch.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Awesome idea Chris!!!

I've held back my creative winds just enough... I think I qualify... Lets see, the only ones I remember entering are Cast Iron (that was a tough one!) and egplan, er, I mean McRib... seems like I've missed one in there, you mind checking?

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
BBQ Grail

Does Smokin' Aussie qualify for this one? I mean he doesn't really do the cooking on his entries...

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
Awesome idea Chris!!!

I've held back my creative winds just enough... I think I qualify... Lets see, the only ones I remember entering are Cast Iron (that was a tough one!) and egplan, er, I mean McRib... seems like I've missed one in there, you mind checking?
You are allowed to participate. You have only entered in the following 3 Throwdowns previously:

Cast Iron
Bacon
McRib

Duh.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
Does Smokin' Aussie qualify for this one? I mean he doesn't really do the cooking on his entries...
That's right!!! I was just gonna ask the same thing!
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
bigabyte

Oh...and this wasn't my idea. The idea was sent to me by PM by our very own ---k---, who has been fearlessly entering the last couple Throwdowns as a new participant. He felt it might just flush out some more interest among those who have hesitated in the past.

Duh.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
deguerre

Hey, can I subtract my four zeros from my entry total? (JK!!!)
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Maybe Chris will do a Special Throwdown just for the Zero crowd?

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #11
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post

You know it was nearly 5 Zero's Some idiots out there just think your hams are too BIG!
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
You know it was nearly 5 Zero's Some idiots out there just think your hams are too BIG!
Or...six - don't forget the "wrong" vote too.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

I think I've only done 3, so I should qualify, particuarly since combined I only have 1 vote . I need to start voting for myself everytime...but who would do that????

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench_H View Post
I think I've only done 3, so I should qualify, particuarly since combined I only have 1 vote . I need to start voting for myself everytime...but who would do that????
Not me! I've only done it twice...

Email me for details.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

haha, saw that you were in here and thought you might think that was funny

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cook well, Marsha Marsha Marsha!, New Shark in Town, No silly tags here, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread