Sat night cook

fil

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I wanted to grill some chicken thighs for dinner tonight. Hmmm don't go to the store hungry!!! LOL 85 bux later and I am cooking a brisket and chuckie tonight and will do some yardbirds and a fatty tomorrow afternoon.

Brisky raw
brisketraw.jpg

Rubbed with Kosher Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Steak Dust
brisketrubbed.jpg

Chuckie raw
chuckraw.jpg

Rubbed with Kosher Salt and Pepper
chuckrubbed.jpg

fil, got a small brisket on right now and went to check it an it's farkin sleeting:eek:
That is some fine looking hunks of meat you have there. How much did they weigh?

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 116
Yeah its 24 degrees right now thank goodness the wind is only 8 mph. Brisky was 11.5 and the chuck was 3 (I think).

I do that all the time, go to the store for a baguette and some milk. Then I get there and I see some meat marked down, shrimp is on sale, OOOOH they have some packers, I might as well pick up some Redbull while I am here, then wife calls the cell phone and asks for cigarettes (she smokes, I dont : I drink, she doesn't), and some deli ham for the kid's lunch, so i see some Pastrami too, and I need some Rye bread for that....Any thing else, no I'm good....... $120. Get home, and tell the wife how much the debit was, "How the hell is bread and milk $120?" ...... Easy I dont need any Makers Mark or it would have been $170..........

Looks like your off to a good start! I too suffer from over shopping at the grocery store... or Costco... or Sam's... etc...

fil, got a small brisket on right now and went to check it an it's farkin sleeting:eek:
That is some fine looking hunks of meat you have there. How much did they weigh?

What time is lunch?:smile:

Yep my freezer is so full I can't get one more thing in it. I found pork shoulders the other day for .79 so I bought three. Then got home and had nowhere to put them. Forgot my beer fridge in the garage has a freezer so I used that.

Yep my freezer is so full I can't get one more thing in it. I found pork shoulders the other day for .79 so I bought three. Then got home and had nowhere to put them. Forgot my beer fridge in the garage has a freezer so I used that.

I feel your pain... My freezer is more often full than empty!

Attachments

• freezer 001.jpg
    freezer 001.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 99
  • freezer 002.jpg
    freezer 002.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 98
That's a good store run.:cool: Can't wait to see the final products.

How's it coming along?

I pulled the Chuckie at 7 this morning and wrapped it. I know no pic didn't happen. Yeah at 7 after a couple hour nap pics were not a priority lol.

I just put the yardbirds on and once again ....Butter.... Chickens and a camera just didn't sound like a very good idea

Brisky at 10 this morn still sittin at 170. Long plateau on this one it was at 160 at about 5 this morn.

briskyat10.jpg

My helper really likes cookin with PawPaw

myhelper.jpg

Well it wasn't the prettiest one i have done but it was juicy and very tender.

The flat sliced
sliced.jpg

The point cut up and going back in the smoke for a few more hrs for burnt ends
chopped.jpg

Man that is some good looking meat fil. Did you cut the fat off while the brisket was whole before you rest it? How do you do your burnt ends?

Did you cut the fat off while the brisket was whole before you rest it? How do you do your burnt ends?

I trimmed it before seasoning it. I cooked it at aprox 240 and just let most of it melt out.
When the flat was ready I brought it in and separated the flat and the point. I chopped the point into 1 in cubes and put some watered down Sweet Baby Rays sauce on the chunks and back to the cooker for 2 or 3 more hrs. The family loves the burnt ends....they hate the wait for them though.

fil

It's all looking really good.

When I go to the store, especially a place like Restaurant Depot, I stop by the store and get cash. I take what I can afford and that's it. Otherwise, I have been known to go nuts.

That whole cryo of ribeyes at RD is so hard to pass up sometimes.

I trimmed it before seasoning it.
fil

Wow. That looks great. It looks like you made a clean slice of the fat before you sliced. I look like a 2 year old with crayons when i try to trim a brisket.

Back