Better Than Surf n Turf..

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hog jowl, greens, and peas is where it’s at! We had some chicken and spuds too. I told her we didn't need the chicken though cause that pig meat right there is better than ribs or butts ever thought about. Hmmmmm

SDC11272.jpg

SDC11273.jpg

SDC11275.jpg

Last edited:
I want some!!! I cooked a few dozen pigs before I ever ate the head. Last year when i talked my bosses at the Barbershop into cooking a pig at the shops summer picnic their father (from Tunisia) said that He wanted to eat the head with me. I thought "okay, what ever." Little did i know that in Tunis when he was a growing up it was an honor to eat the head, i mean we cleaned it down to nuttin but skull, some of the best meat on the pig is in the head, even the sweetbreads.

I want some!!! I cooked a few dozen pigs before I ever ate the head. Last year when i talked my bosses at the Barbershop into cooking a pig at the shops summer picnic their father (from Tunisia) said that He wanted to eat the head with me. I thought "okay, what ever." Little did i know that in Tunis when he was a growing up it was an honor to eat the head, i mean we cleaned it down to nuttin but skull, some of the best meat on the pig is in the head, even the sweetbreads.

You got that right. Traditionally it's the part that used for making tamales but it get's harder every year to come by the pig head. If you like pig head, try goat or lamb someday. Dang good eats too.

That's a great looking meal. I can smell them greens from here. I'd hit that hard!:eusa_clap

You got that right. Traditionally it's the part that used for making tamales but it get's harder every year to come by the pig head. If you like pig head, try goat or lamb someday. Dang good eats too.

That's a great looking meal. I can smell them greens from here. I'd hit that hard!:eusa_clap

i work at an orphanage in Haiti twice a year for a few weeks at a times as a Missionary. Every March when i am there we always get a goat and have a nice little feast with some of the older children and other missionaries, i cant even be gin to tell you how they spice it, just stuff it with a million different leaves, never get the head tho, the lady who cooks the goat always eats the head, this year i'm gonna bribe her for some, lol

Looks great Greendriver! I know the hog jowls are a pretty darned tasty part of the pig. Sweet and tender. :-D

Never had 'em before but I know I like the peas so it's can only improve right? great pics too.

I was going to mention and forgot to about my herb and butter smoked pecans in that yeller meal cornbread. It was just an after thought and a play on cracking cornbread which I love but can't ever remember to round up the cracklins. We did one on them big bags of pecans for Christmas snackin and they weren't all ate so I smashed and rolled em a lil with a glass and added them to the cornmeal mixture. Just playing with my food again. I love to do that.

Now that is some fine eating, Only thing that could be any better if the jowl was fried and green onions

Oh I had me some onions and pickled peppers a plenty but the onions weren't green though. green would have been better though.

Back