My kids cooking backyard question

sitnfat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I want to know if my kids cooking in backyard would be wrong. There is a backyard only event coming up and my kids want to cook it. My son is 15 and three regional grilling champ in 4H that's as high as he can go. Hopefully he wins again this year and goes to the nationals. My daughter is 8 going on 28 both cook with me and know their way around our BBQ pits. Would it be wrong if I enter them into this contest I am mearly the driver the do all the prep and cooking I will be there to watch. Any input would be great

I don't see why this would be a problem as long as no age restrictions are stated in the registration form.

As long as the contest organizer has no problem with it, I can't think of a reason not to.

If you cooked backyard only and you saw a pro guy pull in with his two kids and the kids do all th cooking would this bother ya I guess is my biggest question. I don't want to step on anyones toes

As long as they REALLY do all the work and don't just act as your puppets I see no problem. I've seen lots of "kids projects" over the years taht were clearly not done by the kids :)

If you help them unload then crack a beer and flop down in a chair, cool .
If you are over their shoulders barking orders and/or holding their hands through the process... not cool

Crack a beer and flop in a chair? That's Mick, alright! He only learned how to start his own fire last weekend in Mobile! Just bring more than 4 squares of paper towels and the kids should be alright. That's gonna be a fun weekend.

IMHO you're good. Like they said above, relax and enjoy. Should be fun to watch,
even if they make mistakes.

Back