MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 AM   #46
armor
is one Smokin' Farker

that's it in a nutshell.

Risk is the price you pay for opportunity.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
armor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #47
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzmisl View Post
Does he use a sauce or is the honey/parkay, tiger sauce and brown sugar the sauce?
He may use some other kind of sauce but that's all that has been gleaned from the BBQ Pitmasters episodes so far.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #48
Boshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo1912 View Post
It's a mixture of sugar,cayenne pepper and Tiger urine,,, at least thats what it tastes like to me,,,lol I don't care for it, but I'm sure some people do.

I haven't tried Tiger Sauce on ribs, so I don't know how it tastes after it cooks on.

Out of the bottle, to me it tastes a lot like a sweet version of tabasco sauce.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #49
Boshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubSmoke View Post
dang nice write up, must have taken some time to document all that
Thanks, I'm just trying to make a contribution to the board to pay back some of those who have shared some great info.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #50
Boshizzle

Here is an update - It looks like Trigg puts a glaze on his ribs. You can see the saucepan in the first pic and in the second pic you can see Paul (who claims he cooks "Trigg ribs") is putting a sauce from a saucepan on his ribs.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #51
Jorge

The secret is what's in the pan.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #52
Boshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
The secret is what's in the pan.
I'd like to know. My best guess is that it's the drippings from the foil.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #53
WBBQ
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
I'd like to know. My best guess is that it's the drippings from the foil.
Could it be Head Country? On the episode that Paul was experimenting with his ribs and tried a sauce that someone told him Johnny uses on his ribs, I noticed that he had a few different bottles of sauce sitting on his prep table. One was Blues hog, another was Head Country, and I can't remember the other. Then I noticed in a shot of Johnny at his pit (from above and at a distance) ....it looked like he had a bottle of Head Country sitting on the shelf on his pit, or a least the same shape bottle. I'm not sure that he was using it on ribs or not. Not sure? Also, I've heard of people cutting their sauce with the drippings in the foil.

Weldon

Proud owner of a WSM 22 1/2"
Visit my Blog: http://backyard-barbeque.blogspot.com/
WBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #54
Boshizzle

Good question. I'd love to take a class that Trigg teaches. He is a master at his craft, that's for sure.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #55
Nomanerz
On the road to being a farker

Has anyone tasted his ribs?
[LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff](Different Mothers)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Haulmark Competition Trailer[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]American Barbecue Systems Pit Boss[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS]OTP, OTG, 2 Snailesque UDS's
Traeger Junior[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
Nomanerz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #56
DoubleC
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I have had his ribs and I know how he cook's them. My advise to everyone would be to take a class to learn how to do it the right way. One thing I'll say about Tiger Sauce, is it can ruin a rack of ribs in a heartbeat if used the wrong way.
DoubleC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #57
cruzmisl
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleC View Post
I have had his ribs and I know how he cook's them. My advise to everyone would be to take a class to learn how to do it the right way. One thing I'll say about Tiger Sauce, is it can ruin a rack of ribs in a heartbeat if used the wrong way.
Well then share the wealth. No point in ruining a ton of ribs with Tiger Sauce.
cruzmisl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #58
Goddahavit
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleC View Post

OK, I cant find anything about a Trigg class, got any info?

Thanks, Eric
Backyard Jambo
Stump's Stretch
Bubba Keg
Weber WSM
Old weber gasser
Goddahavit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #59
Boshizzle

Pellet Envy offers classes taught by Trigg from time to time.

http://www.pelletenvy.com/

Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #60
Jorge

I've taken the class, and sampled some of his ribs at a comp. He's doing the same thing that he's teaching. With that being said, I'm not going to be the guy to spill the beans on something he may be teaching in a future class. Rod and Johnny charged a fair price for their class, and it's not my place to publish their material. I will say that if you have a chance to take a class with either, or goth, of them in the future that it will be well worth it.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote