It's a beautiful morning--Semi Live Cook

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
My bro is visting from LA for the weekend so I made a trip to Costco Business to see what they had to offer.

Right through the doors and I saw something new. Picking this one up for sure on the next run. :doh: Been wanting a badarse food processor for a long time

DxegYp7h.jpg

Short ribs looked amazing and extra thick

7Dsx35ch.jpg

I called him and said if he wanted short ribs and he said NO :twitch: He wanted brisket. OK :-D

vGAxDvMh.jpg

There were primes also but the black angus' caught my eye immediately

lbX8E3Gh.jpg

Fast forward this morning. Set up the cookers

pTw7iUth.jpg

Trimmed the brisket

RmL774uh.jpg

I think this one is going to be good :becky:

suzWOjVh.jpg

Brisket on the Redhead. SnS with no water. I'm not doing no 12 hour smoke session

GVMSFYhh.jpg

Lamb shoulder to go on the Hunsaker later so stay tuned :clap2::clap2:

oaaB0k5h.jpg

Tuned in as always. It was a surprise to see the brisket on the Weber but then I remembered you talking about hanging some lamb.

Your family sure gets treated right

Tuned in as always. It was a surprise to see the brisket on the Weber but then I remembered you talking about hanging some lamb.

Your family sure gets treated right

Thanks bud! I could've hung both in the Hunsaker but I've never cooked brisket in a kettle so....:becky:

I was pretty dead set on picking up a Hunsaker but after catching the PBC thread and seeing some of your cooks on the PBC I think I’m going to pull he trigger on a PBC.

I think an LSG is in my future down the road so going to play around with a PBC in the mean time and have fun with that until I’m ready to start burning sticks.

I was pretty dead set on picking up a Hunsaker but after catching the PBC thread and seeing some of your cooks on the PBC I think I’m going to pull he trigger on a PBC.

I think an LSG is in my future down the road so going to play around with a PBC in the mean time and have fun with that until I’m ready to start burning sticks.

:thumb: Can't go wrong with either honestly. Both great cookers, each with it's on traits. PBC has never failed me. Ever. For the money it's great and one of best cookers I've had.

I'd pick the Angus over the prime too. Really nice trim job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:thumb: Can't go wrong with either honestly. Both great cookers, each with it's on traits. PBC has never failed me. Ever. For the money it's great and one of best cookers I've had.

Did you ever hang a full 12-14 lb packer when you had the bigger PBC? If so how did it turn out?

That was my only reservation was not being able to hang a full packer but I’ve seen a couple guys demo it on you tube so I’m sure it must be doable.

Did you ever hang a full 12-14 lb packer when you had the bigger PBC? If so how did it turn out?

That was my only reservation was not being able to hang a full packer but I’ve seen a couple guys demo it on you tube so I’m sure it must be doable.

Plenty of times. Never had a bad brisket on the PBC. It's the easiest cooker to smoke brisket on.

Here's one of my old cooks with a 13lb-er. As long as you have an inch clearance above the fire basket it will never burn. You can't keep opening and closing the lid of course which causes temps to spike but if you're looking you ain't cooking anyway. :-D

20140621_074106.jpg

20140621_142703.jpg

20140621_142803.jpg

20140621_140622.jpg

20140621_142027.jpg

Good call on the choice. THE Sweet Spot in Brisket.

Lucky bro.

Have fun

I feel like crap today but this makes me feel better.

Thanks Adams! Last two choices have been better than prime.

Ive got an older gentleman that helped me a lot in the beginning. He was a competitor but his main focus was fundraisers. He told me way back when to buy choice grade brisket. Swore they were “the sweet spot” of a brisket cook.

Back