2018 Texas Fall Bash Planning

Dennis,

The only real problem we ran into on I-20 was the Interstate is down to one lane each way near the TX/LA line. They are redoing the bridge there and we ran into a little back up in August. We only run I-20 from Shreveport to Ft Worth, so we can't say anything about I-20 East of there. A couple of years ago we did run all the way back to Atlanta and it seemed like every time traffic got sorted out we'd hit another construction zone across MS and it would jam up again.

I think all that is open now. Shreveport is only about 20 miles from the Texas state line. I-20 is well worn to the line then it turn great in Texas. Folks here joke about it.

On edit, I'm going I-20 to Tyler to ride with Ag76 South. Not sure if Kathy's Smoking will be convoing with us yet.

Last edited:
Ok guys! Start thinking about Friday night at the rv park. If I may ask, please let me know who's attending Friday night dinner by the 5th of October. One week from now. I will call HEB Plus to reserve the rib roasts the next Friday. Thanks in advance people!

:mod: 28 Days till The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash! :mod:

This is moving up the calendar quickly!!
Are you ready?
Are you bringing your family and friends?
Are you signed in?
Are you excited? :mrgreen:

Ok guys! Start thinking about Friday night at the rv park. If I may ask, please let me know who's attending Friday night dinner by the 5th of October. One week from now. I will call HEB Plus to reserve the rib roasts the next Friday. Thanks in advance people!

A good head count would great.
I'm checking with a few and I'll let you know!! :mrgreen:

I'll check with Jay (Ag76) to see how he's doing the run with the pit and let you know.

I spoke with Richard, Charlotte, Kelley, Bruce and Shelly.
We will be dining with you guys on Friday evening!!
Let us know if we can bring anything. :mrgreen:

Nice! Thanks for the head count, think that puts us up to ten so far.

We're going to have a crean cheese pineapple habanero dip with cracker and pita chips for an app, and rib roasts and tater tot waffles. Wendy will do a tomato and mozzarella salad. I'll have soda, beer and some other drinks.

Last edited:

My wife and I will be there. I’ll bring firewood and ice. And Tito’s. And Topo Chico. And limes. I’ll be there all day and can help.

I'm headed that way Friday, however, I have no idea when I'll be there. Hopefully, I'll get there late afternoon and can stop by. I'd give my chances about a 50/50 right now as my schedule at work seems to change on a whim way too often. Not sure what I could bring so, give me a shout if I can help out with something from a store along the way.

I'm headed that way Friday, however, I have no idea when I'll be there. Hopefully, I'll get there late afternoon and can stop by. I'd give my chances about a 50/50 right now as my schedule at work seems to change on a whim way too often. Not sure what I could bring so, give me a shout if I can help out with something from a store along the way.

Brings shoes, maybe a hat and chairs!! :mrgreen:

Anyone got an extra waffle iron. I have one but probably be a good idea to have another one to speed things up.

Back