Brisket Prices

TXArmy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What's everyone paying for brisket this summer? I'm in Northern VA and can't find much selection. Costco stopped putting out Prime packers at $4+/pound and their flats are $6.69/pound. Not much inventory at grocery stores. Just curious what the Brethren are paying for brisket and at what grade?

• Thanks
Reactions: pgn
Chicago Area...

Choice: $2.85
CAB: $3.05
Prime: $3.85
Wagyu (SRF Black or Mishima A5): $5.50
Comp grade Wagyu (SRF Gold or Mishima A9):$6.50

Prices from Wichita Packing as of this morning.

I recently picked out a brisket from the walk-in at Sam's to wet age... so I went out to my beer fridge for a price check.... Do you see what I see? I should have picked up two. The normal price for Prime packers is $3.60 +/-.

nf7xfMn.jpg

Highest I've seen it get here was $3.99/lb for prime at Costco...it's been flipping between $3.49 - $3.68/lb more recently. Choice at Sam's is now back under $3/lb ($2.98 ). Unsurprisingly, brisket prices have been higher across the board this year compared to previous ones, for this area.

Last edited:
These prices make me want to cry. Won't say what I paid for the last packer (choice) but it broke $100 for a 14 pounder.

These prices make me want to cry. Won't say what I paid for the last packer (choice) but it broke $100 for a 14 pounder.

At that point you might as well just buy em online from companies like Snake River Farms with a higher quality product...if paying about that much anyway, might as well get something special for it.

I checked this weekend and my San Diego Costco had prime packers at $3.99/pound. Lowest I've seen prime was over the winter at $2.99/lb (I'm hoping they get back down there this winter).

Our local (about an hour north of Pittsburgh) Wally World usually has choice packers for $2.97/lb. They aren't bad. I've done a few and they get rave reviews...

went to get a brisket a few weeks back out at Costco in Fullerton, CA. Was told that all So Cal Costco were getting no new brisket orders until September.

perhaps selling all those pellet grills affected the brisket inventory...

Just paid a little over $4 a pound to a local butcher for a 25lb black angus brisket!

I need to join Sams club

I recently picked out a brisket from the walk-in at Sam's to wet age... so I went out to my beer fridge for a price check.... Do you see what I see? I should have picked up two. The normal price for Prime packers is $3.60 +/-.

nf7xfMn.jpg

How do you find out the kill date???

Thanks!!

went to get a brisket a few weeks back out at Costco in Fullerton, CA. Was told that all So Cal Costco were getting no new brisket orders until September.

perhaps selling all those pellet grills affected the brisket inventory...

I think it's all those fast food joints adding brisket and pulled pork to their burgers.

Here in West-by-God-Virginia, Wallyworld consistently carries full packers for $2.96/lb. Sometimes they're select, sometimes they're choice. I only buy when they have choice. I can't find full packers anywhere else, including the nearest Costco (2 1/2 hr drive away).

In North East md

Grocery store $5/lb CAB choice
Butcher $6/lb choice $8+ for prime

Ground beef

What's up with the label says ground beef?

Ground beef

What's up with the Ground Beef label on the brisket

Alright, so the DC area mark-up doesn’t seem to be too significant... I remember them at 2.49 at Costco too and hope those days come again. Will fill the deep freezer! I’ll swing by Walmart too and check there. Planning a brisket and shoulder for Sunday. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Back