propane torch

I use a variety of propane torches, just had to get this one on a kickstarter:

dDOQOd.png

Looks cool, But not $409.99 cool.

Weed burning torches are the best, like what Thirdeye posted....If you are ok leaving it hooked up to a 20 lber and sitting on the deck.

Weed burning torches are the best, like what Thirdeye posted....If you are ok leaving it hooked up to a 20 lber and sitting on the deck.

And only really appropriate for stick burners.

Better off with a smaller torch (MAPP) with charcoal based cookers.

And I still use my chimney often.

Didn't see that.
Pay now and ships in December?

It was a Quickstarter project. Inventor got 10 times more than he was asking for.
He provides weekly updates on the progress.
Thing does throw a flame. :mrgreen:

my roofing torch is just a little more powerful than a weed burner:tsk:

Harobor freight for like $20, no igniter. I use a cigar lighter. Nothing gets a fire going better and Pumps some heat into the cook chamber to get the whole process started quicker. I get the shirley up to temp and cruising in about 45mins overall.

AND as stated before, its just kinda cool using a flame thrower!

rb

the harbor freight burner says hooks up tp 20 lb tanks.
most places I went to only have 15 or even 10 lb tanks, do they have the same size connector as the 20 lb?

I have been using a pear burner for years and a tank of propane last a long time unless I attach the fire ant mounds around the rancho. I posted on the GrillGun back in May and would not mind one from Momma for Christmas.

And only really appropriate for stick burners.

Better off with a smaller torch (MAPP) with charcoal based cookers.

And I still use my chimney often.

That’s odd. I have been using a 500k but weed burner on various charcoal grills for years and never realized it wasn’t appropriate. They only thing it is not good for is low and slow cooks on the Kamado where I only want a small amount of charcoal lit. Then I use a Bernzomatic. Otherwise, the big torch gets a Kamado or Webber kettle lit and ready for grilling quickly and easily and also cleans off any old drippings.

I have a couple torches, but the Harbor Freight with igniters are the best value and easiest to use. I did order the SV version of the Grill Gun pictured earlier, so we’ll see how that stacks up being shorter and more compact, but triple the price.

Wow! :shock:

Three pages on starting a fire. :-o

I use a propane weed burner to light my smoker..............very hot, direct, clean heat...............no after taste.

Last edited:
the harbor freight burner says hooks up tp 20 lb tanks.
most places I went to only have 15 or even 10 lb tanks, do they have the same size connector as the 20 lb?

Every home depot, gas station, random independent store I have gone to has only had the standard 20lb tank. Outside of the small camping options at mass market sellers I don't recall ever seeing a 15lb or 10 lb tank option.

HF is the way to go. Only get the igniter if you store yours in a dry place.

pushbutton Bernzomatic, still on the original proMap canister, but it will burn propane. Also used for creme brulee, and even sweat soldering pipe on occasion.

I bought the Harbor Freight with igniter a few years ago. The igniter promptly broke on the first use, so I keep a welders flint striker attached to it for ignition. Works fast and super fun.

found out today that the tanks that say 15.? lbs. net are 20 lb tanks.

Back