Crowd Cow, ever tried it?

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Made my first order today. I have really been into making my own ground meat using chuck roasts lately. Even ventured into making my own chicken patties using organic boneless skinless thighs from Costco along with bacon, fresh garlic, and a poblano pepper.

Stumbled upon Crowd Cow when it first originated but they did not have any farms participating yet that would ship to where I live (Louisiana). Checked them out again today as I am reading Franklin's new book, Steak. Had some farms that now ship to me, so I made an order. Afterwards I noticed they did not have grades on the steaks, ordered a couple bone-in ribeyes and some flat iron steaks. Was curious to see if anyone else may have some feedback to give?

You can also get $25 off your first order by signing up, but if anyone wants to help a fellow brethren out and use this link we both get $25!

https://www.crowdcow.com/l/udszrwoz7

I have ordered numerous times. That should say something :)

Ordered a bunch of their 1/3 burger patties with my last order. My whole family thought they were fantastic! I have 16 lbs of CC short ribs thawed and ready to smoke for Sunday’s lunch... can’t wait to try them out.

Craft beef definitely ain’t your everyday grocery store meat.

I've been lucky enough to have a nice local grocery store that gets some amazing steaks, but have always wanted to foray into something like Crowd Cow and took the plunge. I did order some of their dry aged lean ground beef as it was on sale, figured I could add a little more fat to it myself if I wanted.

Also ordered a 3 lb rack of chuck short ribs, think I may save those for when the new smoker is ready!

I have placed several orders and been very happy with the products especially the 100% grass fed beef. Just recently got Rib Eyes and New York Strips from 3 different ranches, (California and 2 different Australian) marbling looks exceptional for grass fed. Got their 2 one pound hot dog packs for $10.00 bucks and they were exceptional. Also the pork sausage (garlic, traditional, hot and sweet italian) have been great. I have been really impressed with their packaging and condition of the meat when received always has been frozen solid even after three day shipping. I order enough to get free shipping. I have two plates of beef short ribs in the freezer as well.

I picked up a tri tip and beef ribs (grass raised and grain finished) awhile back and they were both very good. The tri tip was one of the best meals I’ve had in quite some time. I’m all about crowd cow

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have placed several orders and been very happy with the products especially the 100% grass fed beef. Just recently got Rib Eyes and New York Strips from 3 different ranches, (California and 2 different Australian) marbling looks exceptional for grass fed. Got their 2 one pound hot dog packs for $10.00 bucks and they were exceptional. Also the pork sausage (garlic, traditional, hot and sweet italian) have been great. I have been really impressed with their packaging and condition of the meat when received always has been frozen solid even after three day shipping. I order enough to get free shipping. I have two plates of beef short ribs in the freezer as well.

I got a couple 1 lb bone-in ribeyes that were grass fed and finished on grain. They had dry-aged ground beef discounted for $6/lb so I grabbed a 6/$36 deal.

Chuck roast and Chuck short ribs rounded it out. We're you able to get the beef plate ribs from a farm? All I could find were the chuck short ribs.

Wolfe brothers farms in pa is where my plate ribs came from

Memphis Elite

The only problem I ever had is that some of the packages lost their vacuum seal. I also tried the cook steak from frozen method that they talked about and I was impressed.

I've ordered multiple times and swear by it. We've received large orders of the A5 Wagyu a few times and it is so worth it. We had an issue with a skirt steak order before where the bag lost its seal while defrosting and they quickly issued me credit. Its a good idea. I may be paying a premium over local options ( Restaurant Depot, BJs, local butcher, etc) but I think the service is just awesome. Over $1000 deep from there already.

I've ordered multiple times and swear by it. We've received large orders of the A5 Wagyu a few times and it is so worth it. We had an issue with a skirt steak order before where the bag lost its seal while defrosting and they quickly issued me credit. Its a good idea. I may be paying a premium over local options ( Restaurant Depot, BJs, local butcher, etc) but I think the service is just awesome. Over $1000 deep from there already.

That's great news to hear. I have added a couple things to my order already while waiting for it to ship.

That's great news to hear. I have added a couple things to my order already while waiting for it to ship.

My only advice is if you plan to defrost in water or well anything, just put another bag over the already frozen meat to be safe. I think things get knocked around in transit.

I've noticed that problem even with my home vacuum sealed things sometimes. I'll probably stick to the refrigerator from now on.

Picked up a heritage ham from them for Easter dinner. Looks good. Ordered it Tuesday received it Thursday. Real good for only $12 shipping. Looks good through the vacuum pack. Arrived frozen solid. I am impressed so far. Hopefully I am still impressed tomorrow after dinner.

This is the first I've heard of them, Ruger. Thanks for the reference! I picked up some ribeyes, short ribs, skirt steak and sausage! Can't wait to give them all a taste. You should see the $25 credit coming your way. Thanks again!!

Forgot, I also grabbed 4 sirloins. Thanks for posting the link! I'm looking forward to see how they compare to Creekstone Farms, SRF and others that I have ordered from in the past!!

Forgot, I also grabbed 4 sirloins. Thanks for posting the link! I'm looking forward to see how they compare to Creekstone Farms, SRF and others that I have ordered from in the past!!

I really appreciate it! My last order from Creekstone I wasn't 100% satisfied with. I've also noticed a few other doeum members having problems with them. Let us know how you enjoy your items, it's very easy to rack up quite the bill on there!

I’ve only done bits and pieces from crowd cow...anyone ever done a half cow or at one time? How does that work?

Memphis Elite

Back