Wings, celery ranch dressing?

beerguy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Im in charge of food for my daughters graduation on Sunday. Ive made a bunch of wings, along with a bunch of other stuff and need your opinion on the ranch dressing for the celerysticks. I personally never use the stuff, so I have no idea if the Kraft dressing straight out of the bottle is the stuff, or if you kick it up a notch. Some of the wings are gonna be plenty hot, some mild. any suggestions?

I thought the standard dressing for this dish was blue cheese?

Edit: I would use Ken's Steakhouse Ranch Dressing if going with the ranch, just my opinion, but to me it is better than Kraft.

If it's for kids they don't care. Go to costco or bulk store and buy a gallon container. You can take some and experiment.

I think your right about the bleu cheese. Maybe ill have both. This is an all adult gathering.

I thought the standard dressing for this dish was blue cheese?

Edit: I would use Ken's Steakhouse Ranch Dressing if going with the ranch, just my opinion, but to me it is better than Kraft.

I completely disagree! I'm not a fan of blue cheese so I use ranch. I also use Kraft ranch straight out of the bottle. I've also tried Ken's and I did not like it at all on wings. It was good on a salad, though.

Blue cheese is the traditional dressing for wings. With kids you are probably safer with Ranch. However, I might be more likely to just tell them it's Ranch and then watch the looks on their faces...

The most important thing to remember is:

"No matter how many wings you eat. They're still just an appetizer"

me and the wife use ranch, we dont care for blue cheese. might just do both let them decide

most kids dont like blue cheese... they eat ranch with everything....

i am not a kid and i dont care for blue cheese either..lol

hidden valley works great out of the bottle as well...

carrots,celery,ranch(bleu cheese) and an adult beverage... thats a good night any night of the week..lol

I would use ransh. Kraft is fine or obviously Hidden Valley is good too but I hate blue cheese so I am probably biased.

I'm a big Blue Cheese fan, especially for wings! That being said, Ranch isn't a bad choice, either. Different strokes, you know. Around here, it's hard to not get Ranch with any sort of appetizer. I've got a friend who calls it "Oklahoma Sauce."

I'm a huge wings fan. Definitely gotta have ranch. Blue cheese, some really like it some don't.

Kraft or Hidden Valley will do just fine. Definitely avoid the Ken's stuff. It sucks azz.

I'm a huge wings fan. Definitely gotta have ranch. Blue cheese, some really like it some don't.

Kraft or Hidden Valley will do just fine. Definitely avoid the Ken's stuff. It sucks azz.

True, blue cheese is a strong yes or no for most.
Hidden Valley is better than Kraft.

I guess I just like that suck azz stuff--must be something in my past.:redface:

I like Ken's blue cheese on my wings but the majority would probably go for ranch.

O.K. Write this down.

1 cup of mayo
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of buttermilk
2 packs of Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix.(not the dip mix)
1/2 tsp. Red pepper.

Oh man, I cannot believe I just told everyone my secret dressing mix.
Well, we are among friends. Just don't tell everybody!

I will put this ranch up against anybodys!

I'm with chuck... there is no ranch other than hidden valley... it's the only one I like at all... But blue cheese dressing is best with wings... I'd have some of each to be safe.

Hidden Valley Ranch for the majority...I prefer blue cheese with wings and fresh garden salads but a lot of folks don't prefer it. Ranch is a safe bet. Try both. Good luck.

Well, BeerGuy is modest. He doesn't mention if his daughter is graduating from Day Care, High School or college.

His daughter will be walking down the aisle to accept her well earned doctorate today! So there is a REAL Dr Laura in the BeerGuy house!!

Not only is the girl smart, she's good looking too! Congrats Laura and proud dad BeerGuy.

You know I'm not a big wing eater but when I do sit down to a plate it's Hidden Valley ranch and celery for me.

Great post BTW. Ive been on this board for 2 years and this is the first time this has been covered as far as I can remember.

Back