Sturgis

S

Slow Joe's

Hello all,
I have a good chance of vending in Sturgis at the rally. I have done some small vending jobs and I am in no way thinking this is even remotely similar. I am asking if any of you all have vended there? What can we expect to take for food quantities? How much help might be needed? What type of things can I expect. I believe we will be just outside of town on the main drag.
I know this is a huge job but it sounds like an awful lot of fun and a great experience.
Any help, tips, and suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Joe

A buddy of mine took this photo at the Playboy mansion in SoCal at a charity fundraiser for Parkinson's Disease. He also sponsors my wife & I for our Team In training cancer functions (marathons and century bike rides to raise money for cancer victims).

Make sure you have your canopies, I don't know how hot it will be, but believe me they are worth it.

I will be there (got rooms already). I don't know what it's like to vend, but there are 500,000 bikers there for a week!!!!!!
If I had the connectiosn, I would do it, too.
Need Help?
Have Smoker Will Travel!!!
I can pull my Lang 84 with my Scoot in back of the Twuck!!!
Need my #?
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have a 30' trailer with an FE500. A lot of the meat will be pre cooked and vacuum sealed. We will probably rent a refrigerated truck also.
So it won't be 15 3/4 racks in a Bar-B-Chef then. :cool: Let's just say a chitload! What type of eating acomidations will you have? I think that would be something to consider when planning menu. I would consider Kickass offer. Might be good to have a knowledgeable assistant even to be able to take a break. That is if you want to be associated with his kind.

After reading on another forum about a guy that did BBQ at Sturgis, I DON'T WANNA HELP!!!!! He said he would never do it again.
That's enough for me.
I am going to go to Sturgis to Ride, drink Whiskey, take Pics 'O Chicks and PARTY!!!!!
I BBQ about 4 times a week now. I don't need that practice.
We don neee no steeenking BBQ!!!!
PARTY!!!!

After reading on another forum about a guy that did BBQ at Sturgis, I DON'T WANNA HELP!!!!! He said he would never do it again.
That's enough for me.
I am going to go to Sturgis to Ride, drink Whiskey, take Pics 'O Chicks and PARTY!!!!!
I BBQ about 4 times a week now. I don't need that practice.
We don neee no steeenking BBQ!!!!
PARTY!!!!

Well I would still like to meet ya. When we find out where we'll be and if the offer is a sure thing, we'll post it.
Later,
Joe

Slow!!!!!
I will be there all week. And, I certainly want to meet you. You will undoubtedly be the ONLY guy there that has good BBQ.
I'll be hungry and bring friends!!!!!!
See Ya there!!
ed

Back