• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Berks BBQ BASH

B

backporchbbq

Save the date, July 18th and 19th in Leesport, PA. Berks BBQ Bash is now set, and is now KCBS sanctioned. It was sanctioned last Friday. This was a great event last year, w/ a beautiful venue. Applications are not available just yet, Tom is waiting for the radio station to send them to him. Anyone planning on attending this?

For some historical reading of some recent threads on this event:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36710&highlight=Berks

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38755&highlight=Berks

Sounds like it is all coming together as an event.

Have fun.

TIM

This was probably my favorite event last year. Although I only have 1 more to compare it to. I don't know if it is because it was so close to home, or because of the venue. There was supposedly a pond to fish in, although I never left the cooking area. Hopefully we get a good turn out this year, last year I think there were 16 teams.

We plan on doing this event,, judged it last year, looking forward to competing at it this year.

We got our application at the BBQ Expo yesturday, sent it out today. From what Tom said this year he is expecting to have a lot of teams, a really good turn out. Who is planning on going?

How was the expo? we couldn't make it this year. We plan on doing Berks if I can get this d**n computer to print....

How was the expo? we couldn't make it this year. We plan on doing Berks if I can get this d**n computer to print....

This was the first EXPO that I was ever at. I was a little dissapointed. There were maybe 8 tables inside and 3 people w/ smoker set ups. It was interesting seeing some of the set ups. Someone had a Meadow Creek 500 and a huge chicken box and two wash basins. From what I heard, the guy that was in charge of the Expo fell behind. Tom said next year it will be a lot better.

This was the first EXPO that I was ever at. I was a little dissapointed. There were maybe 8 tables inside and 3 people w/ smoker set ups. It was interesting seeing some of the set ups. Someone had a Meadow Creek 500 and a huge chicken box and two wash basins. From what I heard, the guy that was in charge of the Expo fell behind. Tom said next year it will be a lot better.

Out of curiousity, who told you that the guy in charge of the expo fell behind?

Out of curiousity, who told you that the guy in charge of the expo fell behind?

I am not sure who the guy was. We were talking about the 500 and then the Expo came up. The guy said that there were not as many vendors as they hoped for. He said the guy that was setting it up was very busy and it just didn't go off the way they had hopped. He was not talking bad about the guy, he just said that this year they are going to start planning very early, and hope to have a better turn out.

I am tring to get 3 extra feet at berks (standard 20x20+ 10x20 site). to make a family fun start to my vacation. I was there last year and hope to be there this year but..... my brothers travel trailer (for family sleep area) is 23' long(total including tongue). I need my 20x20 for cooking area. and would like to stay until Sunday. I hope they can do it!! If so I will see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_bigsmil

Back