Coffee Crusted Ribeyes

cardiac_cadet002

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Found some ribeyes in the freezer this morning while rummaging through trying to find something for dinner tonight. I haven't had any coffee crusted ribeyes in a while so I thought this was a perfect dinner plan for tonight. Here are the ribeyes......

Rubbed with EVOO and the coffee rub, recipe to follow......

onto the egg.............

and finally at rest.......

These were awesome! If you never have had a coffee rub on a steak your missing out. Here is the recipe for the rub as found in Webers Art of Livefire Cooking: 1 T. ground coffee of your choice, 2 t. kosher salt, 1 t. brown sugar, 1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper, 1/4 t. allspice.

Hope you enjoy!

They look terrific!!

Is there any coffee taste after these are cooked?

Ron

I have that Coffee infused Dizzy Pig rub, and it is fantastic on steaks, I am sure your is awesome too. The ingredients seem about the same, at least by taste.

Those steaks do look great. Is there any grit from the coffee grounds?

Those steaks do look great. Is there any grit from the coffee grounds?

No grit at all. I hesitated on trying this for a while because of fear of grit and I didnt want to ruin some good steaks. My wife who is REALLY picky loves the stuff and now thats all she wants on her steak. Now if I could just get her to like med-rare instead of well done all the time.:rolleyes:

No grit at all. I hesitated on trying this for a while because of fear of grit and I didnt want to ruin some good steaks. My wife who is REALLY picky loves the stuff and now thats all she wants on her steak. Now if I could just get her to like med-rare instead of well done all the time.:rolleyes:

+1 on the picky wife. Mine hates coffee so she can't know there is any on the steaks when I try this. :smile:
Thanks

Grit, Coffee taste? Damn, I've eaten and enjoyed roasted coffee beans and one of my favorites is chocolate covered coffee beans. I'm going for this recipe and I might experiment with adding some extra coffee just to boost up the coffee flavor. Thanks for a great idea.

I dont like coffee, How does it taste?

Only a slight hint of coffee to me, the mixture of ingredients take on a whole new flavor. To paraphrase the inventor of the rub, "I've served ribeyes to people with this rub who couldn't quite put their finger on the main ingredient and were really surprised when they found out it was coffee".

just wonder if there is any affect on flavor using brown sugar (burning) at steak grilling temps? t

I use a similar rub on steak but i cheat a little. I use 1 part freshly ground coffee to 2 parts of some good old fashioned Montreal Steak Seasoning, and I rub it on real heavy. The final product still doesn't have a coffee flavor, but it sure is good!

The steaks look great and sound great! Thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a try. :cool:

Back