MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

Default All American BBQ Bash, 9/3-9/4--Ames, Iowa

My fellow Brethren:

I am very pleased to announce today a new State Championship in Iowa--The All American BBQ Bash in Ames, Iowa on Labor Day Weekend! The contest will be held in conjunction with the All American Weekend, which features many different events and activities for the whole family, including, car shows, 5k run, live music entertainment, Iowa State Football, fireworks and much more.

The contest will be held in the parking lots surrounding City Hall, located in the historic downtown Ames. This area offers many shopping, dining, and drinking establishments within walking distance of your cook-site

We are guaranteeing a $10,000 payout to 10 places and will have unique trophies and ribbons as well. Depending on sponsorship and expenses, we will increase the payout if we are able to get greater than 40 teams signed up.

As a first year contest, we are still working on getting adequate electricity to the site. 20 amp 120V should not be a problem, but we are still working to accommodate the bigger rigs. As a competitor I understand the importance of this, so I am working hard to provide free electricity to all teams who need it. At this point, I am unable to guarantee it.

I have planned several more fun things for the contestants and want everyone to know I have been and will be working my butt off to make sure everyone knows on my end where the focus of this contest should be, and that is the COOKS.

We are looking to have 5-10 vendors for the public as well. Based on previous years' attendance, this should be a pretty good deal if you want to vend.

Attached to this message you will find contestant and judging applications. If you are interested in either, please fill them out and get them to me or my judging administrator at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I will soon have a website up and running with further information on it as well.

Thanks!

~Ryan

AABB_Cooks_Entry_Form.pdf

AABB_Judges_Entry_Form.pdf
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
pat
is Blowin Smoke!

Nice work Ryan! I will definitely be at this one.

Have you tried Simply Marvelous Rubs yet??

Backwoods Party
Ole Hickory CTO
Large Big Green Egg
WSM X 2
Weber Performer
pat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

Sounds good Pat! Thanks!
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
luckyduk
Full Fledged Farker

Sounds like it would be a good time, I will have to check my on call schedule
luckyduk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
Smokin' Joe
is one Smokin' Farker

Awesome news Ryan...looks like you have already put a lot of work into this. You can plan on seeing us there!

Memphis Pro
Backwoods Fatboy
Backwoods Party
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #6
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Sounds great! I'll do my best to make it.
monty3777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
BBQ_Mayor
is One Chatty Farker

We'll be there Ryan. Nice work putting this contest together.
WSM, Whole Hog Lousianna pellet Smoker
IPT pellet Smoker and Gateway Drum
CBJ #4643
BBQ_Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #8
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Although I won't be able to make it because i will be in Nevada, good luck with it Ryan.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
Balls Casten
is One Chatty Farker

Fits our schedule, we're in.

Ryann you have mail, we should be able to help with elec.