Raytown 2009

DeanC

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have any info or feedback on the new site? Curious if it is grass, asphalt, etc. Thanks.

Looks like about 1/3 pavement and 2/3's grass. I went to HS right beside there, but honestly do not remember what exactly that space is like.

I kinda wanna think that the SW corner slides off down a hill - I know old train tracks ran through there that went under 63rd street where that shadow is on the lower left corner of the map.

http://crossroadsmo.usachamber.com/...amberAccess/docs/2009 SF-BBQ MAP overview.pdf

I used to live 2 blocks from there as a kid. That is the area they used to do the Raytown round-Up Days (fall carnival). Maybe they still do them there, I dunno. All that stuff is basically the same today as when I was a kid, I drove by jsut a few weeks ago and it was like a time warp. Even the old drug store is still there. The area for the teams is going to be half paved, half grass, as described above. The other tents are going to be on pavement. There is a slope down on the west side, Judges tent woudl be at the lowest point, but otherwise is pretty level. Those train tracks are still back there, but have been shut down for a long time.

Who's cooking this one? We'll be there and hope to meet some more of The Brethren.

Sandford and Son's BBQ will be there.....well, one of us will be there (the other two guys I do it with had scheduling issues). Emailed the Raytown staff today and they said they mailed the packet 'o info Saturday.

Rob - Got the packet of info today, so we're good to go.

All - feel free to stop by and see us when you get the chance

TheSlabs.com will be cooking.

My son, Brent and his buddy Austin will be cooking as Slabs of Approval.

My friends and neighbors, Pam & Jerry will be cooking as Dead End Smokers (they live on the dead end).

There is also a Special Guest who is flying in to cook as well!

Is he going for the Missou/Kansas cook of the year or what? :roll:

I need to find out who his travel agent is... I could use some tips on flying around the country...

I may come up for a beer or two or ... if anyone will have me.

I'll be down Saturday for judging & awards. I might have a beer or to with me.

Back