White Sauce?

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
:loco: Whats the Scoop? Recipes?.....Chicken Only or Good on other Chit?

I bought a bottle of Big Bob Gibson's white sauce because I was curious about it. I liked it on chicken and turkey, but I didn't think it was as good on pork or brisket. I then mixed 1/2 white sauce with 1/2 of the Shed's sauce, and I thought it was good on the 2 latter meats (but I'm kinda warped that way).

Haven't tried any other than the BBG's though.

I'll find my recipe and get it to you. Dang it's good. I use it mostly on chicken and potatoes but it can be good with pork too.

Today i mixed some up but i was out of mayo so i substituted with MW...just not as much and it was great.

I'm from Huntsville/Decatur Alabama and my first BBQ was from Gibson's in the 1960's. I'm sorry, but I still don't get the whole white sauce thing.

I keep thinking it might be ok steak sauce, i do like it on chicken

I thunk cris Lilly intended for it to be used on his comp chicken to set himself apart form the other sweet red sauce entry's. It's a little thin and not ment to be used when chicken is still on the grill because heat will separate the mayo and look like chit. Helmans is used because MW is too sweet. When chicken is done dip the leg quater in pull it out give it a shake for excess run off and plate it. Here in the north most like the red sweet sauce baby rays and such but I've been using white sauce as a change up and all my friends say WOW and really like it.

I've used the recipe from the BBG BBQ book several times and everyone loves it. I often get requests for it. I have only used it on chicken.

I thunk cris Lilly intended for it to be used on his comp chicken to set himself apart form the other sweet red sauce entry's. It's a little thin and not ment to be used when chicken is still on the grill because heat will separate the mayo and look like chit. Helmans is used because MW is too sweet. When chicken is done dip the leg quater in pull it out give it a shake for excess run off and plate it. Here in the north most like the red sweet sauce baby rays and such but I've been using white sauce as a change up and all my friends say WOW and really like it.

You nailed it.
White Sauce is good on Chicken AFTER it's smoked.
I think Mustard Sauce is good on Chicken too.
I sometimes finish Chicken the last half hr. with Mustard Sauce.

Ok....here ya go Smitty

1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 Garlic cloves; minced
1 TB Ground black pepper
1 TB Spicy Brown Mustard
1 TS Sugar
1 TS Kosher Salt
2 TS Horseradish

It's a great recipe or a base recipe to change things up with. Usually do raw sugar, sometimes do the mustard and sometimes not. The last batch i used Miracle Whip because i was out of mayonnaise just used a little less of the MW. Great all around recipe I love it!

Back