Brethren gettinbasted’s Restaurant Visit Branson, MO

Most places don't use drums as their not NSF certified.

Don't you just need an exception or whatever legal term it is called? Certainly the custom pits used in Texas barbecue places are not NSF certified either. My beloved Hutchins BBQ in McKinney nearly broke my heart by going with Ole Hickory pits... but they still claim to be 100% wood fired.

I was going to let gettinbasted post their own pics, but this one is decent of their cook area. Got some others, but because of how my camera was held taking them, they are sideways (I cant bring myself to post sideways pics) Food was excellent again this weekend. My kids were a bit annoying though...

I can't imagine running the crew to cover ten drums, even if they are set it and forget it.

Most places don't use drums as their not NSF certified.

None of these Texas places use NSF smokers. At least most of them don't. The only requirement is the smoker has to be in an enclosed room is my understanding.

I can't imagine running the crew to cover ten drums, even if they are set it and forget it.

It couldn't be much different than running multiple pits at other places. Prep meat. Start the fires, get the temp stable. Put the meat on. They may have slightly different temps for each meat? I don't know the time frame, but you would just have to remove the lid, fill with meat, close the lid, repeat till they're full. Cleaning the barrels out would have to be the hardest part of the day!

My wife's family spends some time in Branson, and I've steered them to the restaurant. They say it's as good or better as the first time with every visit. I can't think of many places I've sent people that have been that consistent. It's impressive.

Back