Rib turn in's Reminder

bignburlyman

is one Smokin' Farker
I wanted to remind all competitors about making sure when you cut your ribs to CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH!

A team at the Central KS BBQ Contest July 11, 2009, only put 6 bones in the box, and when the judges took their samples out the 5th and 6th ribs were still attached. That team had some good placing in the other categories but that small mistake ruined their chances for overall placement.

So make sure of your cuts, and maybe even put 8 bones in if possible just to be sure.

David

That's one of the reasons I ALWAYS put in more than the minimum... Better safe than sorry....

Thanks for the reminder...

I think tha this year I have seen more disqualifications, not sure on the why part, but, it has pretty much happened at all but 2 of the 7 contests I have went to this year.....it is always a scary thing to see the reps heading out on the golf cart.....

I think tha this year I have seen more disqualifications, not sure on the why part, but, it has pretty much happened at all but 2 of the 7 contests I have went to this year.....it is always a scary thing to see the reps heading out on the golf cart.....

Golf Cart??? Poor Jerry MUllane had to walk around in NJ this weekend. He walked up to my tent and smiled and said nice brisket. I almost chit my pants. It was funny though.

I always cut and make sure I set them at least two inches apart. I also set every individual portion in the box one at a time. That is a silly thing to get dq'd for.

Back