Turn in's without garnish

F

Flavor Dave

Does anybody have any pictures of brisket, ribs or chicken turn in's with out garnish? Just the box and the meat is all they allow us down south. Thanks

dave, i should have some from a comp last week, have to get them out of my digital camera which is not with me, we turned in all product last week at a KCBS comp with no garnish to see what would happen to the presentation scores, they did not go down enough to hurt us, that was a big suprise, finished 1st,3rd and 5th with no garnish ! go fiqure, will post the pix to this thread later

Dave,
I have some old pics I will dig out a bit later, but....gotta run errands shortly.

You can take any pic you see (and like) and just add more meat to replace the salad with the meat.
Lots of great layouts here.

Nothing special about a plain meat turnin except the meat is now the star of the box.

Look at the way they are organized and just keep yours neat.
Attention to detail...That is the key.

TIM

Dave, here's my rib turn in box from the Chisholm Trail Round Up in Lockhart, TX a few weeks ago.

rib_turnin.jpg

As a judge, I have scored entries equallily with or with out garnish. For my next comp, I plan on the no garnish approach.

If you search some of the comp threads, I have pics of my entries without garnish. I was submitting Pork and Brisket regularly without garnish all last season.

Back