maverick et-73 should have spent more

amducious

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Just got my maverick et-73 in the mail. I'm loving it but I wish I had spent the extra cash for the et-732. The et-73 signal drops out about 8 feet from chair and 10 feet from my bed. looks like Ill have to try to do the antenna mod on it.

Send it back. My 73 has never dropped a signal. But the newer 732 that I bought has been something that I wish I never spent my money on. It drops signals and gives false temp readings all the time. My 73 has never let me down.

That's the issue with the 73. I couldn't get more than 30 feet without losing the signal, and there's no warning indicator. I can monitor temps from my neighbors house with the 732 and I live in the middle of a 3 acre lot, never dropped a signal. Love it.

Send the 73 back and buy a stoker :thumb:

Seriously though I have the 73 and I couldn't be more irritated with it. I tried the antenna mod (and I am beyond qualified to do such a simple electronic modification) yet the mod offered no advantage. I've given up on it. Now I dream of a stoker :grin:

I find it very interesting that Boshizzle has issues with the et-732 though.

Yeah I have a Maverick ET-73 and it ain't worth chit. I'll look at other brands before buying another Maverick.

Just got my et-732 and it is reading everything spot on and has not had one dropped signal

I've not had any problems with my ET73. Then again, my smokers and grills are on the carport (Yes, I've sacrificed parking space for que) which is adjacent to both my kitchen and living room so no signal problems.

Yeah I have a Maverick ET-73 and it ain't worth chit. I'll look at other brands before buying another Maverick.

The range on mine is 6 feet.

Unless its windy, then its 3 feet.

Had to move the recliner out onto the patio.

Can't see the TV from here.

How the hell can we barbecue if we can't sit down and watch TV?

:eusa_clap

My ET73 has never given me problems and has good range 25-30ft (good by my needs anyway). I have read many a forum/review of a few models of wireless thermometers when i was first looking for one. What i learned is that every model has people who love them that never had a problem and people who hate them who had nothing but trouble from day one. Seems to me that they are all pretty cheaply made and the quality control of production has a lot to be desired. It is in my mind, it is essentially a crap shoot as to whether you get a good one or a bad one.

I guess I got lucky & got one of the good ones. Have never had a problem at 25 to 30 foot range.

Did the antenna mod (second time soldering in my life) and things are much better with my et-73 now. I easily get good readings from my tv room on the 2nd floor of the house. I just make sure I put in a fresh set of batteries before I start an overnight cook, to make sure that the signal doesn't fade or the unit goes out righ in the middle of a cook.

Where do I find the antenna mod? I get about two feet reception with mine, so i don't even bother with the remote.

Range on mine is about 3 ft. It I set it up facing a window, though, I can get a range of about 10 ft, but I need to use a set of binoculars. :cool:

Bought another Maverick product and it was a POS too. That one I returned. Lost about $20 for restocking fee and shipping, but it was better than throwing it in the trashbin.

My et-73 was having the same issues, they replaced it and the new one has been working fine. but if i were to do it again, i would spend some extra cash and get an ique 110 and never have to worry about temps again.

i had an et-7 with lousy range. Sent it back & they replaced it. Got much better range, but find fresh batteries makes a big differance. I use those lithium batts from ever ready.

Smoker on 2nd floor outside deck back of house - my ET-73 gets signal fine all the way in the front yard

Back