brisket price thread. for your local area

coastal

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So around here as I have said before its very grocery dominated tourism area.

Publix, harris teeter and sams have flats for around 3.50 to 4.50 a pound

Sams whole briskets are 2.58 a pound but thats a case by. You can get them around tue holidays but other times you either have to get enough for a case or you are SOL

Local (25 miles aways) butcher is 6.99 a pound for select packers but they are always good..although expensive.

Walmart will occasionally have something cheaper grade.

Pigley wigly will occasiobally have one at 5 to 7 a pound.

I see many of you talking about 2 to 4 a pound..I am envious.

I have been looking to order online if my market is so out of price.
Do these prices sound outrages to you or in the ballpark?
What do you pay?

I went looking for brisket for the first time and saw $4.99/lb for flats. Couldn't find any packers.

Same here with sticker shock. Saw a nice pack of dino bones at BJs until I saw the $32 price tag. Hate to say it but last years drought might have me a vegetarian till it turns.

I bought 6 choice packers last week 1.77 lb at HEB, Wally Weird had select for 1.98 lb

$2.59 at my local WM, seems lately they have choice for same
price as select, go figure! :wink:

2.36 packer from local small warehouse type store called smart and final

2.60 sams

Costco flats only 5 or 6 per lb IIRC

Costco business locations near me has packer at 2.50ish

My local butcher brings a packer from a farm at 5.00/lb

HEB is $2.18/lb at most locations for packers that can vary from ungraded to CAB Choice. The closest wally world to me has packers for $1.77.lb, and they vary from select to choice with a ratio of about 50/50 select to choice in the display case at any one time. So if I were gonna get a brisket, I'd head over to wally's and pick out a nice choice packer in the 9 to 10 lb range that has an evenly thick flat and a decent point.

The real deal is when wallyworlds' packer briskets get close to the sell by date. They will mark them down to around $1.25 a lb, and they were nice enough to wet age them for me.

Costco in St. Louis is 2.38 I believe for choice for whole packer.

I guess i should just keep bothering Sams to get more in. Paying 6.99 a pound a couple times a month will kill my account at the butcher

$1.99 to $2.99 at Smart and Final for Choice. Haven't checked RD lately.

I'm paying $2.35 through my distributor. I do get it delivered to my door.

Been paying 2.30 a pound for choice at Smart and Final in the east Bay Area ( Pleasant Hill)

HEB is $2.18/lb at most locations for packers that can vary from ungraded to CAB Choice. The closest wally world to me has packers for $1.77.lb, and they vary from select to choice with a ratio of about 50/50 select to choice in the display case at any one time. So if I were gonna get a brisket, I'd head over to wally's and pick out a nice choice packer in the 9 to 10 lb range that has an evenly thick flat and a decent point.

The real deal is when wallyworlds' packer briskets get close to the sell by date. They will mark them down to around $1.25 a lb, and they were nice enough to wet age them for me.

Good stuff here! I pay $2.99# and can go through as many as I like till I find what I'm looking for at my buddy's BBQ place. He gets a pallet in every Tuesday.
AC9DEA57-177F-4E92-9034-C69F240024A9-242-0000006541A251DA.jpg

Angus choice consistently $2.30 per pound (case lot of 5@15 pound average) when I need quantity or usually $2.60 per pound from my butcher/BBQer buddy when I only need one or two (but he does pick out nice ones for me).

It's in the $4.50 - $4.99/lb range around here, and the only way I get a packer is if I order it from my butcher and I am scared of what he will charge me since all his meat is Prime.
I am half tempted to get some of the Texas Brethern to ship me some packers...

It's in the $4.50 - $4.99/lb range around here, and the only way I get a packer is if I order it from my butcher and I am scared of what he will charge me since all his meat is Prime.
I am half tempted to get some of the Texas Brethern to ship me some packers...

Yea, We need to get the bretheron brisket railroad going for us stuck with high prices

Back