Need a sponsor?

I was just reading that site. They're offering either the bricks or true hardwood. Might be worth sending in an application.

But to answer your question. No.

I sent in the application requesting sponsership for ALL the teams that fly our banner. See what happens.

http://www.duraflame.com/competitiveBBQ.html

Has anyone tried this charcoal?

Must be brand new, first time I've ever seen it. The description doesn't sound too bad, but I wonder why they need any "natural starch binders"?
All the lump I've ever used comes in . . . . well . . . . lumps in the natural shape of the wood.

These are the same guys that make artificial fireplace log ya know.

I'll probaly pick up a bag to try based on their description if I run across any.

Harry
Rayne, LA

RE: Re: Need a sponsor?

sent in the application requesting sponsership for ALL the teams that fly our banner. See what happens.
I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to try it first. I have not seen it anywhere.

I can get it here in Brooklyn. I was thinking that it must be like match light cause its made by duruflame.
But according to their website there's not unnatural POOPIE in the charcoal. Gonna have to pick it up

I don't know what it is, but when I see the name Duraflame I instantly associate it with those firelogs that have some kind of accelerant in them. All natural might not be too bad though. I wonder how it's going to price next to my 2-24 # bags of Kingsford at Sam's for 10.98 once this little promo is over? I hate getting used to something only to have it get priced outside my budget.

I PMd Greg that I'd try it last night if I could find it when I was at Home Depot. I didn't find it there, but when I stopped by the grocery store for a few things I found a bag.

Either I got a bad bag, or it just plain sucks. Took forever to get a chimney going without dragging the fryer out. Didn't burn that even either. Glad I was just grilling steaks and some corn. I'll still give the lump a try if I see it around the the price is right.

Edited to add: I used the briq.

They have several varieties. Regular, like kingsford. A matchlight version, and a lump version.

I finally saw some while I was in Kroger getting a prescription refilled. This was the briquettes and they had 2-20# bags for 9.99. I couldn't tell whether it was regular or matchlight version. I was assuming it was the matchlight version.

I think that the matchlight version comes in small bags. You light the whole bag all at once.

Back